View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 07:37 PM
I saw one whole minute, I then turned over.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I saw one whole minute, I then turned over.
I was sure I wasn't going to wach it, but I did because I wanted to see exactly what was shown and what the TV the license money is being spent on.

Sadly, it's being spent on those who have no wish to change their lives for the better and just bring neighbourhoods down, IMO.

Not all people who live there are junkies and wasters though, for example, the older couple who kept their house and garden immaculate, but you probably know that anyway.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Never fear I do not think Scotland is full of layabouts who do nothing but drink, swear and eat deep fried mars bars and live in tenements......................

I do go "over the border" fairly regularly.......
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Never fear I do not think Scotland is full of layabouts who do nothing but drink, swear and eat deep fried mars bars and live in tenements......................

I do go "over the border" fairly regularly.......
Phew. Just as well!

Just for info, I have never eaten a deep fried Mars Bar in my life! Yuck!

How far "over the border" do you come?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Only as far as Edinburgh and/or Glasgow.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Only as far as Edinburgh and/or Glasgow.
Ah. I'm 30 minutes directly west of Glasgow.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 08:02 PM
I found The Scheme sad to watch... i have always known that kind of thing happens, but it is still shocking to watch... and when you see the kids being brought up in that...

I see them all the time around here... i was in the chinese takeaway the other week and a guy came in completely out his face and he empty out his pockets to count his money and slammed drugs down on the counter! It starts to become the norm...

There was also another guy who was in the chinese who was telling us how he has a secret cupboard in his house for him to hide if the police raid his house and he has all sorts of weapons hidden in it
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
I found the Scheme sad to watch... i have always known that kind of thing happens, but it is still shocking to watch... and when you see the kids being brought up in that...

I see them all the time around here... i was in the chinese takeaway the other week and a guy came in completely out his face and he empty out his pockets to count his money and slammed drugs down on the counter! It starts to become the norm...
Same in sunny Greenock! They're all over the place.

But again, we aren't all like that and they have to want help themselves first in order to change. Most of them don't give a toss.

As for bringing kids up like that, IMO they shouldn't be allowed to breed and should be sterilised until they are clean and can prove themselves. The kids have no chance.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-06-2011, 06:45 AM
I haven't seen it - I can imagine the kind of people on it anyway and it probably wouldn't shock me at all to be honest, because I see them around here, I've taught in those parts of town - and there's nowt to see an area from the inside than to work in a school and hear the kids chatting matter of factly about what goes on at home!

Takes A LOT to shock me now!

I might iplayer it up once I've got through all my TV backlog from exam marking for the last month!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2