View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2007, 05:35 PM
Just caught this...hope there's better news when you come back online. *Hugs* and positive vibes being sent your way.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2007, 12:30 AM
Well, at the moment Cleo is holding her own, I don`t want to tempt fate by saying much more than that, its so early on yet.
I will say though, her appetite has been good through the evening.so far at least. She has prescription food to help give her a boost.
The recommended amount within her weight range is between a 1/4 to 1 1/2 tins per 24 hours, and I am watering it heavily for syringing and to increase fluid intake. So far, not yet 12 hours in to the recommended ratio hours-wise ], she has had 1/2 a tin plus water [ approx 3 parts water to one part food ] so actual `bulk total` intake there is pretty high.
I started of just using a syringe for her to lap drips from but once she got started she got quite keen so I used a flat dish and dripped the mix on to that for her as she wanted it at a faster rate and she started supporting herself a *little* to lap at it. I`ve been giving it to her little and often so with that and the cuddles she seems happier in herself at least.
I`ll be up with her during the night to make sure she has a steady regular fluid and food intake, [ I daren`t risk her getting dehydrated at all ], so I`ll be popping in and out of here to keep myself busy so that she can rest without me constantly fussing which would only stop her resting and snoozing properly between feeds
Its going to be a very long night I know that much, I don`t want to lose my little girl
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2007, 07:07 AM
Hope Cleo's a little better this morning Patch. Big hug hon xoxoxox
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2007, 07:12 AM
Just caught this tread....... lots of pstive thoughts coming your way for little cleo....I hope things went well through the night for you both.......big kitty hugs
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2007, 01:36 PM
Thank you again guys, those thoughts must be helping, my Cleo had a restful night, she isnt stressing at not being mobile and being confined and when I`m going to get her out fo cudles she is starting to try to get up ready to be lifted and has done a few bum in air for strokes maneuvers, very wobbly but trying very hard bless her.
She was`nt quite so happy with me at pill time but she forgave me by the time more food appeared

I know the worst may happen, with the vet saying it `could` be a tumour, I don`t know if its worse to have a definate diagnosis or to have a few things in the air which `might` be the cause and may or may not be treatable, but whatever it is my little girl is not ready or willing in herself to give in or give up right now so thats what I`m trying to focus on
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2007, 02:13 PM
i really hope cleo continues to improve
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2007, 02:31 PM
Thank you Griff, and I`m so glad your moglet is home again, I`m sorry for not responding to your thread, I`ve been so pre-occupied with my little girl.

That goes to everyone whose furry kid is poorly, I do read all your threads and I do think of everyone going through worry, whether I post or not. At the moment I`m rather insular, putting everything into my girl but please know I do care very much for the worries you guys are going through too
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2007, 02:39 PM
You just concentrate on your little one, we`ll be fine
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2007, 03:06 PM
Glad to hear little Cleo is fighting hard. I have been thinking about her non stop and the couple of times I have been at the field today and walked past yours I sent some close strong healing vibes to her, hoping she comes through this. She definatly couldn't have a more devoted mummy to care for her.

Sending lots of healing to everyone elses furry friend who may be not to well at the moment as well. Have been very hectic so not had a chance to reply to others individual posts as well. But I am thinking of you all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2007, 03:55 PM
Hoping Cleo improves.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >