View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2014, 09:54 PM
I am going to have to tell you all and take a picture of what my Mum is bringing me

Its an old brass bed pan - WTHeck I hear you cry... WELL I want it to hang on a wall and it is perfect for that particular space, plus it is part of our family so I really want it, she said they have managed to get the wooden handle off as it unscrews, and the pan will go in a box with some pastry cutters and 2 new Yorkshire pudding tins (seriously I can't get them here its all muffin tins and they are too deep for yorkies and tarts)

A few years back they brought me an old old old brass coal bucket, the kind you keep by the fire, well I LOVE that thing, use it daily to bring wood pellets up to our fire it is PERFECT!! and it is nice to have some old family items over here...

ANYWAY wonder what customs will make of this!!!
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2014, 09:55 PM
Evening everyone,

Feeling very happy, my daughter has had her brace off, and my fave footy team has won too
My mil arm was doing very well, until Billy decided to chase after a cat in back garden, she raced after him, and he jumped ( I think he was a rabbit in a previous life) and nearly got over the gate, and Jared her arm again. But she said it's not too bad. Guess what we will be doing this weekend
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2014, 09:59 PM
Enjoy Silent Witness Jenny - I just haven't got into this series, but I do really enjoy it.

Our lounge windows are floor to ceiling too and almost the width of the room (there is another big window in there too - whoever built this place certainly liked glass!)........the trouble is they face south, so the room can be far too hot in the summer which is why when we replaced them we opted for integral blinds which are brilliant. They are back at the factory at the moment There was a problem with the centre of the blinds catching on the glass and scuffing it - the installers think that it is the sheer size of the units that is causing a slight inward bowing in the centre. Who knows, but I hope that it can be fixed soon.

Moyra after reading all that I can totally understand why you keep yourself strictly limited when drinking - and well done for staying off the ciggies even though you still long for one. That is some impressive willpower you have there! I shouldn't drink whisky really, but I do enjoy a couple of nightcaps with lots of dry ginger.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2014, 10:01 PM
DD - is that a bed pan as in for wee wees, or a bedwarmer type pan??
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2014, 10:02 PM
Bedwarmer type pan - y'know back in the day when bed were heated with hot coals in the pan!

It will look FAB on my wall, or some "merican will pay me some $$$ for authentic English antique!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-01-2014, 10:02 PM
DD - wgat did Customs make of the coa; bucket?!
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2014, 10:04 PM
They asked my Mum was it was, so she told them and off she went on her merry way, its not worth nuffink so they aren't interested...
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2014, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
Evening everyone,

Feeling very happy, my daughter has had her brace off, and my fave footy team has won too
My mil arm was doing very well, until Billy decided to chase after a cat in back garden, she raced after him, and he jumped ( I think he was a rabbit in a previous life) and nearly got over the gate, and Jared her arm again. But she said it's not too bad. Guess what we will be doing this weekend
Your daughter must be feeling over the moon to be braceless - I bet she looks beautiful now.

.........kit for making gates higher:- wood, screws, saw, wire mesh, screwdriver, wood preservative, plasters,

no, on second thoughts, just buy a bigger gate
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2014, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by DaisyD0g View Post
Bedwarmer type pan - y'know back in the day when bed were heated with hot coals in the pan!

It will look FAB on my wall, or some "merican will pay me some $$$ for authentic English antique!
You need a maid to go with it.....you know, one who will carefully rub it all over the bottom sheet until it is toasty warm, just before you get into bed. Shame to put it on the wall!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2014, 10:08 PM
Night night all I am away! God bless.
Page 10 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >