View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 12:04 PM
I would not purchase a device that had to be carried on walks. After years and years of picking up using plain old bags, I don't see what could be more convenient?

I prefer to spend that big extra on proper poo bags rather than nappy sacks (which are awful IMO!) and have not had a problem with them breaking.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by dog_geek View Post
I agree with Azz, there's not enough bins. I hate carrying it till I find a bin
I got a set of 5 small plastic tubs with lids from our Naafi and just keep one of those in my dog walking bag. If there's no bin nearby I put the poo bag in the tub, put the lid on and put it back in my bag.

Our local pet shop does bright red poo bags that are really strong and thick and more than big enough to pick up after Rupert. 99 cents for a roll of 50. Can't really get much better value than that imo.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 12:20 PM
I wouldnt use a pooper scooper of any kind. I use Tesco biodegradable nappy sacks, they went down to 30p for 75 and they are suitably thick.

What I dislike about picking up my dogs waste is when they drop a nugget, I waste a bag picking up something the size of a rabbit bobble, and then 2 mins later they drop another small nugget, I waste another bag...and so it goes on. But thats just my dogs personal habits. It's amazing how much my dogs poo, especially considering they are raw fed.
partypooch
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-10-2011, 12:33 PM
i wouldn't bother with a scooper, i've already got enough on my hands with two dogs, two leads, dog whistle, treats and a frisbee. ikea do a good pet waste bag, larger than the usual nappy sack and quite thick, black in colour. they could only be improved if they were biodegradable.

more bins would be desirable, but the kids round my way keep setting fire to them!
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by partypooch View Post
i wouldn't bother with a scooper, i've already got enough on my hands with two dogs, two leads, dog whistle, treats and a frisbee. ikea do a good pet waste bag, larger than the usual nappy sack and quite thick, black in colour. they could only be improved if they were biodegradable.

more bins would be desirable, but the kids round my way keep setting fire to them!
Have they never heard the phrase "sh1t don't burn"???
Azz
Administrator
Male 

05-10-2011, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Empty ones hopefully...................................:blush :
If you saw the size of Rocky's poo you wouldn't have wondered (hint - it's huge lol)
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 03:35 PM
I use plastic bags and they can usually be found in almost every pocket or hand bag I own. I would not carry a pooper scooper out and about.

At home I have a couple of those long handled dust pan and brush for any at at home into a bucket with a lid with bin bag and sawdust in. Bought from the £1 shop
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 10:28 PM
To be honest, I have no great problem with using nappy sacks to pick up after my dog. They are cheap, readily available and easy/discrete to carry. As long as I don't buy the 18p per 100 ones from Sainsburys, they are sturdy enough not to rip and are more than big enough. Unless the poop scoop had all these advantages and added an extra plus point, I could not see the point in changing.

Anyway, it keeps your hands warm in winter. It's cold poo that gives me the heebie geebies - it's like picking up a dead rat. My local council permits you to put the dog bags in the street bins and my dog is fed on good quality food so his poop is solid and not that smelly, so it' no biggie to tie a knot in the bag and put it in my pocket until I find a bin or get home.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by DoKhyi View Post
To be honest, I have no great problem with using nappy sacks to pick up after my dog. They are cheap, readily available and easy/discrete to carry. As long as I don't buy the 18p per 100 ones from Sainsburys, they are sturdy enough not to rip and are more than big enough. Unless the poop scoop had all these advantages and added an extra plus point, I could not see the point in changing.

Anyway, it keeps your hands warm in winter. It's cold poo that gives me the heebie geebies - it's like picking up a dead rat. My local council permits you to put the dog bags in the street bins and my dog is fed on good quality food so his poop is solid and not that smelly, so it' no biggie to tie a knot in the bag and put it in my pocket until I find a bin or get home.
I hate cold poo too! Would much rather pick up warm poo..
doggirl
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-10-2011, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by DoKhyi View Post

I know what u mean with cold poo! my naz has a nasty habit of doing his business on top of a poo thats not been scooped.
Page 5 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >