Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Well they'd look pretty silly with a christmas type collar on when doing a pirates routine---so it is to link with the music.

Most people don't bother and just wear everyday collars or go without.

I wasn't aware that anyone had suggested show dogs collars didn't enhance the look of the dog----but how on earth that equates with pulling hair out of a dog or shaving its hair off I don't know.

I am so glad I wasn't disappointed in this thread

I am out of it now---you show crowd can argue amongst yourselves about the beauty pageants rules.

rune
Thank you, thats just exactly what I was looking for.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 11:06 AM
is it the peeps that add things to their dogs coats that mainly have the problem with 'the rules'?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
is it the peeps that add things to their dogs coats that mainly have the problem with 'the rules'?
i dont have a problem with the rules, but then i dont add anything to their coats (at least nothing that alters it in anyway i hope!!!)
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
Well I would imagine so yes. I honestly cannot see the huge problem. Dont put stuff on your dogs coats if it changes the colour or texture of it, what can be so wrong with that?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Well I would imagine so yes. I honestly cannot see the huge problem. Dont put stuff on your dogs coats if it changes the colour or texture of it, what can be so wrong with that?
do you know if there is a list of substances? im worried now that the shampoo and conditioner i use has stuff in, that i wouldnt even know about!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
do you know if there is a list of substances? im worried now that the shampoo and conditioner i use has stuff in, that i wouldnt even know about!
Not sure, havent personally seen one.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 11:59 AM
Not sure, havent personally seen one.
i dont think there would be stuff in the shampoos, i use the plush puppy products, but one of the shampoos does have henna in? wont henna affect a coat? ergh god this is confusing...
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 12:50 PM
Thank you, thats just exactly what I was looking for.
But Dawn, If a dog wins with a pretty collar - people are not going to be breeding dogs better able to wear a pretty collar
Also the dogs are not judged in any way for the collar, it does not enhance their performance or give them any type of an edge it is just something some people do to match up with their outfit and to look nice for the vewing public

But as has already been stated, flashy coats winning shows mean people breed for more and more flashy coats
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
But Dawn, If a dog wins with a pretty collar - people are not going to be breeding dogs better able to wear a pretty collar
Also the dogs are not judged in any way for the collar, it does not enhance their performance or give them any type of an edge it is just something some people do to match up with their outfit and to look nice for the vewing public
But as has already been stated, flashy coats winning shows mean people breed for more and more flashy coats
As far as the "viewing public " go, that's debatable

Maybe the KC should bring a ban in on Lycra and sequins might do their (competitors) image a lot of good
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
As far as the "viewing public " go, that's debatable

Maybe the KC should bring a ban in on Lycra and sequins might do their (competitors) image a lot of good
LOL, well not that I would ever get that far with HWtM but I promise if I do then totaly no lycra - its not a sight anyone wants to see!!
Page 16 of 17 « First < 6 13 14 15 16 17 >