View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JuliePup
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-03-2011, 07:22 PM
I do not think that pit bulls are any more dangerous than other breeds. Do they have the potential to be dangerous??? sure they do, but so do all dogs, from chihuahuas to great danes. The accountability of the dog lies in the responsibility of the owner. I watch Animal Planet's 'Dogs 101' whenever I see it on. I saw the one about pitties. One trainer said something like the following: (i'm paraphrasing here) "owning a pitbull is like owning a sports car: they can both be increadibly rewarding and wonderful to have in your life, very enjoyable, but they require an extra careful 'driver', due to their power and strength."

I am a dog trainer, and I have worked with countless pitbulls and pit mixes. ALL have been wonderful.

I also own a pit/GSD mix, who is about 75% pit. She is an incredible, wonderful dog, and a huge piece of our family, even though she belongs to two breeds that have been pegged as "dangerous" and "easily provoked" by many.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Exactly. Pit x gsd, would love to see some pics of her.
JuliePup
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-03-2011, 09:25 PM
well thankie, Tazer. Once I get my goofy camera to work again, I'll be sure to post some
MadisonSale
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-04-2011, 12:36 PM
i believe pitbulls can be dangerous when in the wrong hands ...

pitbulls were bred to have very strong muscles around the jaw, leading to a bone-crushing bite. this breeding has been taken advantage of certain individuals in the UK so the dogs come across as nasty and aggressive to falsley improve the owners self asteem and "machoism" :/

these certain individuals are using what the pitbull was bred for many years ago, and changing the use of it ... obviously this could be done with many different types of dogs, and i believe as years go by, these certain individuals will find another breed with similar capabilities, cause this new dog to develop a bad reputation due to the daftness of the owner, and then will follow in the footsteps of the pitbull.

Maddie
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by MadisonSale View Post

pitbulls were bred to have very strong muscles around the jaw, leading to a bone-crushing bite.
Their bite has been shown to have no more pressure than the bite of other similar sized breeds. That's not to say it can't do damage, but just that it's not "bone-crushing."
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

03-04-2011, 01:20 PM
Bite force comparison - pitbull, GSD, Rottweiler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADDxe...eature=related
CECILIO
New Member!
Male 

05-04-2011, 10:23 AM
I would say that Pit Bull Terriers are always been the dangerous when they do not have to eat to their fill . We also know that these are very strong . So one should need to take proper care about their Food .
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by CECILIO View Post
I would say that Pit Bull Terriers are always been the dangerous when they do not have to eat to their fill . We also know that these are very strong . So one should need to take proper care about their Food .
What? Are you seriously saying if they're hungry they're going to want to eat you? Really?
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
What? Are you seriously saying if they're hungry they're going to want to eat you? Really?

oh yes, of course. if you starve your pit bull it will eat you (and your children)

and if you feed your dog raw meat, you will turn him into a blood thirsty werewolf!

(I am joking!)
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
oh yes, of course. if you starve your pit bull it will eat you (and your children)

and if you feed your dog raw meat, you will turn him into a blood thirsty werewolf!

(I am joking!)
Drat. Dahlia snagged a piece of raw chicken that I dropped. Now I'm gonna have to sleep with one eye open! lol
Page 127 of 132 « First < 27 77 117 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 > Last »