Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by Razcox View Post
Killing hounds to me shows the hunt never had a love for the activity in the first place just the kill. Drag hunting is still allowed and is proving very popular now because of the ban. Its helped open up the 'sport' to people who disagreed with the cruelty of it.

I think the ban should remain in place and be tighted up to prevent people getting through the loop holes. More people should be arrested for breaking the law as well regardless of how the police may feel. At the end of the day a law is a law and we cant pick and choose which ones we follow as this makes them no better them rapists or theives IMO
They don't care about them, they are a means to end, a bit like greyhounds, when no longer useful they are discarded.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Originally
Posted by Razcox
'Killing hounds to me shows the hunt never had a love for the activity in the first place just the kill. Drag hunting is still allowed and is proving very popular now because of the ban. Its helped open up the 'sport' to people who disagreed with the cruelty of it.

I think the ban should remain in place and be tighted up to prevent people getting through the loop holes. More people should be arrested for breaking the law as well regardless of how the police may feel. At the end of the day a law is a law and we cant pick and choose which ones we follow ......'
The people obey the law, the hounds are the ones that have not read the manuscript.. maybe the hounds should be arrested when they actually get a scent of the fox and chase it!!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Originally

The people obey the law, the hounds are the ones that have not read the manuscript.. maybe the hounds should be arrested when they actually get a scent of the fox and chase it!!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by Razcox View Post
Killing hounds to me shows the hunt never had a love for the activity in the first place just the kill. Drag hunting is still allowed and is proving very popular now because of the ban. Its helped open up the 'sport' to people who disagreed with the cruelty of it.

I think the ban should remain in place and be tighted up to prevent people getting through the loop holes. More people should be arrested for breaking the law as well regardless of how the police may feel. At the end of the day a law is a law and we cant pick and choose which ones we follow as this makes them no better them rapists or theives IMO
well said, and i think those who break the law should be punished heavily.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-05-2010, 05:01 PM
It's not the killing of a fox that sickens me, it's that so-called human beings enjoy doing it this way - terrorising the fox for hours for fun. There is no disputing that little gem! If you hunt foxes this way, you're not a sportsman, you're not a vermin controller, you are a sick, cruel *******. End of.

Snorri
spot
Dogsey Veteran

13-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Originally

Oh right so if my dog is off lead and running riot over the country side killing wildlife, worrying sheep, out of control etc its not my fault but my dogs

Half the problem is that these people are that arrogant that they think they are above the law.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

13-05-2010, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
They don't care about them, they are a means to end, a bit like greyhounds, when no longer useful they are discarded.
Exacty! well said.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
It's not the killing of a fox that sickens me, it's that so-called human beings enjoy doing it this way - terrorising the fox for hours for fun. There is no disputing that little gem! If you hunt foxes this way, you're not a sportsman, you're not a vermin controller, you are a sick, cruel *******. End of.

Snorri
Hey there, no need to be so aggressive! Hunt members are not out to be cruel, they are out to enjoy a day riding across the countryside. The horses adore it too. This is proved by the fact that they are just as happy to follow a trail, although this is a little harder on the horses as it is faster and more continuous. IF a fox is killed, then it is an incredibly swift end, unlike the other methods currently being used.
One problem is, that farmers used to love having the hunt on their land because they wanted the fox population controlled or distributed (to neighbouring farmland no doubt!) - but now, as the hunts are not supposed to control the foxes the farmers are not so desperate to have them on their land. This in turn means many subtle but important changes in the countryside and none of them are for the better as far as wildlife is concerned.

I am afraid that I lost sympathy with the "antis" when I saw them causing immense distress to the pack of hounds and also endangering horses. They surely could not have been animal lovers?
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-05-2010, 07:24 PM
I used to be as pro as a non-participant can be, until I saw the end of a hunt on Dartmoor (fringes), when the exhausted fox was ripped to bits, screaming till it ran out of breath and merciful death took over.

So, if it's just the horsework that's such jolly good fun, why involve the fox at all?

By the way, if you thought that was aggressive, just wait till I'm really riled up

Snorri
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-05-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Oh right so if my dog is off lead and running riot over the country side killing wildlife, worrying sheep, out of control etc its not my fault but my dogs
Half the problem is that these people are that arrogant that they think they are above the law.
Lighten up Spot, its supposed to be light hearted
Page 83 of 94 « First < 33 73 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 93 > Last »