Breed: English Springer Spaniel
Colour: Liver & white
Neutered: Yes
Vaccinated: Yes
Microchipped: Yes
Children: No
Cats: No
Other dogs: No
Description: Missy has been with us on Foster 6 weeks now, she is a loving girl when she gets to know you, but on first meeting she is very nervous and this comes out with a show of teeth, and she doesn't appreciate people approaching her, but if you leave her be she comes round with the help of some treats,she is ok with other dogs as long as they're not in her face, and happily runs around with a pack of 7 or 8 when we walk with friends,she pulls on her lead but her recall is fantastic and she adores a tennis ball
Type of Home Needed: Missy needs a home where she is an only one with people who can work on to get her over her fears, which are easily managed, we would prefer someone who is within easy reach of Wakefield who can come and meet her a few times and get to know her at her best.

Location: Missy is curently being fostered and assessed in Wakefield

If you are interested in this dog please call Liz 01924 871431 or 07791 458122, please no Pm's or Emails about this one as we would really need to chat to you about her

All NESSR dogs require new families to be homechecked, a vet reference and/or personal reference. In addition you will be required to sign an adoption form and give a donation so that we can continue our work.
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2010, 06:53 AM
bump. with some new photos Missy is coming on leaps and bounds, she would still be happier as an only one although she has absolutely no problems with them or people out and about its just in her space

There were 8 of them on this walk

Pretty girl

But a real springer as well mud and water a speciality

As well as running, running, running

She does bark at people that come into the house, but if you leave her be she soon comes round, she is very well trained, her recall is fantastic and she does what she's told all the time, she reall is a great dog that in the right dog savvy home would flourish
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2010, 06:54 AM
Here's hoping, Liz x
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2010, 02:05 PM
I hope Missy finds her forever home asap!! Shes beautiful!
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 08:50 AM
Missy has had very little interest, we have had lots of visitors in the last week, and yes she barks, but then she sits there waiting for her treat, out and about she is not a jot of bother as she is so well trained, she will not go up to people or other dogs and is a real joy to walk.

Once she gets to know you she loves a cuddle and when i get home from work she's there in with the others wagging her bum and asking for a fuss, i can clean her ears, chop tats out of her, trim her feet and look at her teeth, etc etc never have i felt like i was going to get bitten. She really needs a home that will take her at face value, she will tolerate other dogs in the home, but i feel she would be better as an only one or with a dog that isn't going to want much interaction with her, with Moll and Neam she has never had a cross word, but this is because these two tend to keep themselves to themselves. She is not happy with Meg in particular, but again she is not launching herself at her every five minutes and there is never any damage.

If you feel you could give Missy the chance she deserves please do get in touch
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2010, 09:00 AM
She sounds such a wonderful girl...I'm just sitting her wishing 'if only'.

Fingers crossed her forever home will be found soon.
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-03-2010, 12:38 PM
She is a beautifull girl and so close to where we are as well i only wish i could take her but with Kobe and Honey already i couldnt cope with anymore, im sure she will find a lovely home soon.