Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
If you see and hear something you should not believe it?
See with your own eyes? Yes ... but hear second hand, no. I do not have Sky, so I do not see the "live" as it were CM programmes, but I must have watched every single one of his episodes on the Dog Whisperer, and with the exception of the "Shadow" incident - that to be truthful I saw on the internet, not on the telly - I have never been uneasy with the guy.

I do not listen to media gossip - either pro or anti - I like to form my own opinion. Obviously, I do not live in America, I have never met the guy, I can only go on what I DO see on the telly ... I have recorded many of his programmes, and I have played them back in slow motion, and I have watched his body language, the dog's body language, in slow motion, and the only clip I have ever watched that I HAVE been very uncomfortable with was the Shadow clip... and that is the truth as I see it, hand on heart. If I ever thought for a moment that the guy was anything other than a genuine dog lover, I would be singing from the rooftops how I wanted to see him hang by the neck.

I love my dog in many ways more than I love my husband ... sorry Mike, but you would probably say the same about me !! I never thought that I could ever love a dog ever again after I lost my Hal, and although Tai comes nowhere near him IMO, I love Tai to the point where I would kill for him if I had to ... as I would have for Hal. The reason I say that is to illustrate that, despite this extreme love and anthropomorphisation that I show towards my dogs, I inflict CM's cruel methods on them ... because they work. For a dog of his type, Tai is incredibly obedient, compliant, well balanced, calm and above all ... HAPPY. He is ALLOWED to be a dog, to chase rabbits, to letch over bitches he meets on heat (although restrained of course!). I vowed I would never more, ever more, get involved in CM threads, but here I am doing just that. Which speaks volumes and says it all, so I'll shut up now
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 10:14 PM
Gnasher, what about the other clips linked here?? I really would be interested in your comments on the GSD he shocks, as a follower of his methods what does he think he is doing to the dog??
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-02-2010, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
Hi,

Tinkladyv - Can you please say how you think th epost was aggressive? Maybe I'm being completely dumb but I just can't see it.

As others have said, everyone's opinions are different and differing opinions invite and provoke debate.

The OP should have rephrased the title/question of the post if she only wanted those who agree with CM to post their opinions. But having said that, if she only wanting opinions friom those who agree, then there would be no debate.

Laura xx
Please look back at my previous post as i have already said what i found aggressive.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2010, 12:25 AM
Hi,

Today I caught the start of one of his older episodes contacing the Jindo - JonBee. There was a statement (spoken, not written) at the start fo the programme stating that no animal was hurt during the recording of this episode.

If CM was doing nothing wrong, why on earth would they now have to put that statement at the start of a programme?

There's no way on earth I'd pay money to go and see him, but if I knew anyone who was, I ask them to find out (if possible) why he treated JonBee and Shadow they way he did (I just don't think it was necessary)and why he shocked the GSD.

In many ways it's a shame he has so many supporters. I wonder if he'd still do a tour if nobody would allow their dogs to be used (& abused) by him. Or are those dogs he'll have on stage with him already trained to do or not do as he asks? Do the owners of those dogs get to go on stage with their dogs? or are they expected to stay away so he can hurt them to get them to submit?

Laura xx
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2010, 08:27 AM
The Jindo episode is horrible. Here is a bit about it:

http://www.4pawsu.com/cesarfans.htm

One thing that must be realised is that no matter how his methods are defended, many of those defending him are pet owners who read his books and are impressed. I can understand why, as his books are well written and appealing. In some cases, it is said that some supporters like him for his looks, and his white teeth, as much as his alleged dog skills!

Those who are against his methods are dog professionals in the field, who already work with dogs and owners and have been for years, in many cases .

They are people who really care about the negative impact CMs methods are having on their clients and their client's dogs. They are concerned that some of the methods are dangerous.

(A very simple example was CM on Paul o' Grady, where CM was working with a small dog who appeared to be food guarding. CM not only made the dog worse, but missed opportunities for reward and showing the dog the right way to go )

The list of professional organisations in the UK and Europe and Oz in the Dogwelfare Campaign

http://www.dogwelfarecampaign.org/su...anisations.php

should give some idea of just how bad CMs methods are considered to be, by those who, frankly, do know about dog welfare and training and behaviour

I believe CM has leaned on one US organisation which had lent support to the campaign, but others are refusing to be intimidated by his money and power.

The very fact that organisations such as WSPA are involved, should speak volumes.

Wys
x
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2010, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by tinkladyv View Post
Please look back at my previous post as i have already said what i found aggressive.
Well I didn`t find it aggressive. I do find your response a tad aggressive however.

disclaimer: This post is not meant to be aggressive - it is an honest statement of my feelings and an opinion I am entitled to hold and air.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2010, 12:44 PM
the episode with jonbee is so sad
the dog, a stray who the vet thinks was chained outside on a choke chain because of his injuries when the found him
is perfect in every way, even lets them flip him on his back in the garden
the only problem he has is in the house on the slippy floor with the muzzle on he hates being flipped on his back
in the garden he is fearful of cm
in the house he is again fearful but lets cm prod him
once the muzzle goes on he knows what is comming next and fights back
cm is holding the dog on a choke collar untill the dog gives up
he then shows the owner how to fight his dog onto its back
just horrible
why do you need to flip the dog?
why not put a rug down so it is less slippy and train the dog to roll over?
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2010, 01:00 PM
also, looking at the dog when cm says he is calm submissive
i would be interested to see what would have happened if cm had stood up and turned his back on the unmuzzled dog then
im guessing he would be minus a hamstring
calm submissive my @ss
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by Lunas_Mama View Post
Just wondering how many people are fans of the dog wisperer?

I am, i think his shows awesome and he is so great with dogs. Someone could be having problems with their dogs for years and ceaser comes in and within 5 minutes he solves the problem . Ive learned alot from his shows and his tips and everything actually work . Only thing is i cant get the ShhhhT noise down yet lol . What are your thoughts?
it cant be done, if a dog has had a problem for years, its going to take longer than 5 mins to sort it,
dont get me wrong many dogs can be turned round, just not in 5 mins by CM.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Yup fans have said in his books he talks about some of the episodes, like the ones with the marley and me owners who (unsurprisingly) were having problems with their new dog
Apparently in the book it talks about the months of rehab he has done with the dog, the show then comes in and films, so the dog is behaving and he has to goad it to missbehave (and in this one it was chicken killing, he had to keep flapping a duck in its face till it eventally snapped at the duck, he let it make contact before he started his psssting, he kept pssting untill the dog was cowering on the floor then he started petting it with the ducks beak
Horrible the way he let another animal be attacked just for a TV show
Page 10 of 22 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 > Last »