Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
I think you did well to know right from wrong, and should give yourself a pat on the back.

Some children though mimick what is dished out to them, ie., a alcoholic parent, a drug addicted parent, numerous uncles or aunties, filthy living conditions, beatings, domestic abuse etc., some children think it is the ''norm'' for instance a 9 year old being the adult, sorting out letters from authorities, phoning on parents behalf, sorting out the shopping, picking Mom up from the floor in a coma state and putting her to bed, doing thier own cooking from the age of 4, looking after siblings, sorting them out for school, and growing up to thinking that this is the normal thing. Unfortunately then doing the same to thier kids and repeating what thier parents showed them. (that is actual fact from a child I dealt with)

For instance Patrick grew up with a Alcoholic father, he watched him beat the Mom to a pult for a miserable £2, he and his 7 siblings sat in a bedroom all day with 4 pieces of bread, all sharing two beds between them, he saw his father come home with different woman....drunks like himself....but the rage and anger over his Mom trying to get the woman/women out spilt over to the kids being dragged around like rag dolls.
As the kids grew up Patrick swore that he would only drink a couple of shandies a time if out with the lads and never lay a hand on his kids or partner, which he stuck too. Two of his other brothers drank like fish and battered thier kids and wives. The other brother almost had a mental breakdown, the girls two came out of it fairly good and have made a success of thier lives, the other is a man hater. Everyone deals with things differently, some of us, like yourself, realise that what happened is wrong, others feel thats the way life should be, other try to stay away in the shadows of life and become shy and some become load and extrovert.
I think it has to be remember the girl is but a child herself still, so I for one hope that she can get sorted and educated. I am sure in time we will hear more about the ''case history'' of the family my only hope is that the baby is safe and the cycle is broken with her.
Wise words, Steph, and I hear everything you're saying.

So pleased for Pat, I really am. What a wonderful man.

Yes, I hope the baby comes out this mess a decent person, who will contribute to society.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 07:20 PM
I was listening to a radio discussion last night about this case. Some very valid points were raised.

A man phoned in explaining that his 13 year old daughter had sex education as school, which included periods, being in a loving relationship etc, but, and this is a big but....they did not include contraception in the education.

It got me thinking back, contraception was not included in the sexual education I got in school. All I got was male and female anatomy and periods.

I think this is a major flaw in the system and providing youngsters, both males and females, with information about contraception is a definite must. It is inevitable that they will have sex eventually, and it's important they know how to practice safe sex.

Of course, this doesn't mean that contraception should not be discussed with the child by the parents as well, it should and it has to.

ETA: This does not excuse the fact that these children are underage, or that the parents allowed the girl to have boys in the house overnight, which is what's being reported.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 09:05 PM
I feel for the girl, what has been missing in her life that she is doing this?

Kids will be kids. When I did works experience for just one month in a RECEPTION CLASS (5 year olds) I twice caught 2 separate boy/girl pairs looking/showing each other's bits in the house corner and this was a good CoE school! Again, Drs and nurses. I personally know of a boy and a girl aged 8 (boy) and 10 (girl) who are cousins and tried to have sex whilst one was having a sleepover at the other's house. The girl was actually a good friend of mine throughout my school years and was brought up well with good and loving parents.

Apparently they were explained to at this time about the birds and the bees, their parents thinking if they asked then they were old enough to understand and they then decided to 'try it out'. Obviously at that age and lack of sexual maturity i've no idea if it actually happened fully as my friend only had a very vague memory of it but just wanted to mention that even when you try and do things right, they can still go wrong. Seems to me this is more the situation the 12 year old boy was in when he lost his virginity, not really 100% sure what he was actually doing but the girl obviously knew, I am guessing she talked him into having sex, however I think it's blatant that she is lacking love and attention from her parents so although she thinks she knows what she's doing, it's much more psychological and I hope they offer her some kind of counselling help. And as for the parents allowing it, WTF???????????????
jossrocker
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Kids will be kids. When I did works experience for just one month in a RECEPTION CLASS (5 year olds) I twice caught 2 separate boy/girl pairs looking/showing each other's bits in the house corner and this was a good CoE school!

I was going to write exactly the same a few days ago. This also happened at the nursery I worked at (although it was the same girl instigating it everytime).
Must happen all the time, although its shocking to see at that age!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by jossrocker View Post
I was going to write exactly the same a few days ago. This also happened at the nursery I worked at (although it was the same girl instigating it everytime).
Must happen all the time, although its shocking to see at that age!
i know of someone else whose neice is an instigator of this, but she believes its due to her parents allowing her to watch inappropriate things on TV as she has never been reprimanded for doing it, so in this type of situation I think its worth looking at the reasons that these young children "try" this out. It must be influenced by something.

Its also a very close line as far as child abuse etc. I know for a fact that had they for example been cousins and the 15yr old is trying to have sex with the 12 yr old or being inappropriate this would be considered sexual abuse...... so where is the line, just because its classed as a "normal" relationship. I actually think the parents have caused this situation by allowing the sleepover situation in the first place.

I know I would never allow my son to "sleepover" with his "girlfriend" until he was well old enough to realise the consequences and certainly would need to be LEGAL and these parents blatantly ignored this when allowing their children to sleep together.
I actually think they should be prosecuted for it - you know we are throwing parents in jail for not sending their kids to school but these parents are getting paid so that we can hear there disgusting story about how they basically dont care enough for their kids- and let them be adults when they are still children.
they need locking up.
Its very sad all round.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 09:27 PM
I think most kids go through the "if you let me look at yours i'll let you look at mine" thing tbh. I remember playing doctors and nurses when i was younger, nothing sinister - its just innocent curiosity at the differences between sexes i think at that age. I turned out ok !
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
I think most kids go through the "if you let me look at yours i'll let you look at mine" thing tbh. I remember playing doctors and nurses when i was younger, nothing sinister - its just innocent curiosity at the differences between sexes i think at that age. I turned out ok !

YES most kids do - but i think when their is a constant instigator then some questions need to be asked......
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Yes of course i agree, in that situation where it keeps happening it makes you wonder whats going on at home
jossrocker
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-02-2009, 08:17 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
YES most kids do - but i think when their is a constant instigator then some questions need to be asked......
yes exactly, needless to say a very confidential and careful report was drawn up. The background of this particular child wasnt one of 'stability' shall we say. Another example of a broken relationship, still living with the father but at the grandparents house. Mother an alcoholic.
She also had a younger brother who didnt speak til he was 5. you have to tread very carefully, keep a written report but also be extremely sympathetic to the situation.
lilyput
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-03-2009, 05:36 PM
So many comments spring to mind....not one repeatable on here!!!
Page 17 of 18 « First < 7 14 15 16 17 18 >