Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 06:22 AM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
I don't think anyone has suggested that the child should have run away Unless of course he was guilty of something
It was suggested by another member he should have run to his mother, doubt the dog would have distinguished between a villain running away and a boy running to his mother really.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-06-2013, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
... The whys and whatnots are immaterial apart from the handler not being in control....if he was the dog would not have made contact...

The police disagree with you:

Chief Inspector Ian Marsh said: "This poor young boy has gone through an absolutely horrendous ordeal and my thoughts are with him and his family as he recovers from his injuries. We appologise unreservedly for what has happened and have launched an investigation to fully understand exactly how an innocent young lad came to be bitten by a police dog in the safety of his own back garden."

He added: "Police dogs and their handlers receive intensive training and play crucial roles in the arrest of suspects day in, day out, but on the very rare occasions where things go wrong, it's vital we understand why and learn the lessons to ensure it doesn't happen again."

The officer and the dog involved in the incident continue to carry out regular duties after an initial independent assessment.
Ofcaurse they do, they will need to have an explanation to justify the dog being out of control .

It's vital the police understand the whys of the issue, but the black and white of it is....A police dog was allowed to bite a child, in most folks book this is NOT acceptable, and if it was any other dog the response would be different.

A police dog is supposed to be under control of its handler at ALL times, if it bites innocent bystanders, then it's obviously not under control ..
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

30-06-2013, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
As the mother of a child with ADHD and LD's I absolutely agree with you H. I smell a rat here, as clearly you do
Shame really that you need to smell a rat , instead of just seeing the facts.... A dog bite a child, and the owner of the dog allowed it to happen, but I guess there will always be folk who like to find the party guilty before the trial

Knitting out, and a front row seat
Apache
Dogsey Senior
Male 

30-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post

Ofcaurse they do, they will need to have an explanation to justify the dog being out of control .

It's vital the police understand the whys of the issue, but the black and white of it is....A police dog was allowed to bite a child, in most folks book this is NOT acceptable, and if it was any other dog the response would be different.
Jackie,
You are now contradicting yourself, first you say the why's and wherefore's don't matter, now you say you accept that the police do indeed need to understand 'why and what' went wrong.
You then say the "black and white" of it is that the dog bit the boy, etc, etc.
Well, in my experience there are many shades of grey in between black and white, and in this case i am sure that will also apply.
Hope you are knitting something nice.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

30-06-2013, 05:43 PM
Jackie,
You are now contradicting yourself, first you say the why's and wherefore's don't matter, now you say you accept that the police do indeed need to understand 'why and what' went wrong.
You then say the "black and white" of it is that the dog bit the boy, etc, etc.
Well, in my experience there are many shades of grey in between black and white, and in this case i am sure that will also apply.
Hope you are knitting something nice.
No I am not, I am talking the context of "this thread" , and my personal view... People are expressing their views on this thread regardless of the information given, I like others have expressed a view, the fact the police will see it differently and "need" to file a report, does not take away the facts ...said dog bite said child, for the layman, nothing else needs explaining .
Apache
Dogsey Senior
Male 

30-06-2013, 05:49 PM
said dog bite said child, for the layman, nothing else needs explaining .

Well that is a simple view that may satisfy some, but not enough for me i'm afraid.
We will have to agree to disagree on this one.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

30-06-2013, 05:59 PM
said dog bite said child, for the layman, nothing else needs explaining .

Well that is a simple view that may satisfy some, but not enough for me i'm afraid.
We will have to agree to disagree on this one.
That's fine, the outcome will still be the same, a police dog was allowed to bite a member of the public, if you need more details ...so be it , I don't .
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 04:00 PM
That's fine, the outcome will still be the same, a police dog was allowed to bite a member of the public, if you need more details ...so be it , I don't .
I so agree and is there room on the front row with my knitting please...
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2013, 11:54 AM
Shame really that you need to smell a rat , instead of just seeing the facts.... A dog bite a child, and the owner of the dog allowed it to happen, but I guess there will always be folk who like to find the party guilty before the trial

Knitting out, and a front row seat
Not at all ... I smell a rat, as an intelligent human being in common with H, I can read between the lines.

The "owner" of the dog did not allow anything to happen ... the "owner" of the dog was the local police force! What do you think police dogs are ... fluffy wuffy bunnikins?? They are trained to bring down an armed 20 stone man. This dreadful tragic accident was just that ... an accident. Unfortunate, definitely, but doubtless the enquiry will reveal mistakes made, and at the end of the day the police are only human.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2013, 12:04 PM
Having re-read the article again and again, I think I can see what happened here. I don't know where my shed disappeared to where the boy was fixing that scooter, but hey ho, the shed's now gone and he was behind the gate

If you read it carefully, and picture in your mind, you will see, that the policeman never actually went into the garden, he was in the compound at the back of the houses where he was checking out that car underneath with his dog beside him on that long lead, and nobody was about. So where does the gate come in? That's a gate that leads INTO the boy's garden so he's behind it, he opens said gate, and police dog pounces, the rest is history. I think this is the very reason why they were allowed back on duty, cos jeesus Christ how careful do these poor police have to be in the line of duty, they can't see through wood can they, and being underneath the car, when the boy opened that gate, how could he have done anything.

Of course, the media being what they are, have hyped it up, into the dramatic headlines of "police dog bits boy in his OWN back garden" If he hadn't of opened that gate to see what was going on this surely wouldn't have happened would it, and if the police were going to go INTO that garden he'd have been a darnsight more careful about opening that gate, even if it was ajar.

That's my new take on it anyway, but hopefully, we'll get to hear the full story somewhen soon.
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »