Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2015, 07:48 AM

Daily Thread Wed Dec 30

Good morning everyone,

Eileen, hope you have survived Storm Frank over there and are all prepared for the little hobbitses to come home. How exciting. Hope all goes well with the births.

June, hope you have survived the storm so far too, I think poor Cumbria are going to get it again. I do so feel for them all, they must wonder whether they will ever get back to their own homes again.

Jenny, hope you and Brian are doing ok down there too, think you may have a fair bit of wind and rain, I think we are due some too.

Griff, take care of yourself lass, try and keep your cool. That woman must be cuckoo.

Brenda and Norma, hope all is well with you two and take care.

Have a good day all if you can, it is still dark outside. Stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless you all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-12-2015, 08:12 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.

Eileen thinking of you all today and hope mum hasn't too sorer head this morning .
I think Gill's hard work to be positive and fight was her grandson he was a baby when she was diagnosed I think these new babies being born today will be your mums reason to fight too.
June LG and all up North stay safe and I hope sincerely there is not as much disruption and damage as has happened before. Same for parts of Ireland too.
griff whatever that woman did it sounds horrendous.

Windy here can hear it coming down the chimney. Popping my car over to dealer today to see what things are covered and which aren't and hopefully get the few things that need sorting done while Gorden is home.

Stay safe everyone.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2015, 08:50 AM
Morning all, what a night I'm sure my little bungalow was shaking in the wind!
I hope you all stay safe, warm and dry. Eileen sounds as if you have had/having the brunt of it this time.
Thinking of everyone in Franks path.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2015, 09:47 AM
Good morning

Thinking of Eileen and especially Sarah today. The little Hobbiteses will soon be here. Hope your mum isn't suffering from an hangover As Lynn has said the new arrivals will give your mum something to fight for (hugs) to her

Hope you bungalow doesn't blow away Nippy. Stay safe.

Hopefully all you want done on the car will be covered Lynn and if not it is cheap to do. (Hugs) to Gill she is really doing well.

Hope you are feeling ok today Griff don't let that woman grind you down.

Good morning Moyra hope the weather isn't too bad where you are.

Really feeling for those up north and hope you all remain safe and above all dry.

Really windy here. Kept me awake most of the night. Teazle walked and veg done for lunch. Sister coming at lunch time and then she goes home on Monday - Oh joy Barry is saying they don't really get on and she is getting worse as the years pass Still as I tell him it is only once a year.

Have a good day and stay safe.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-12-2015, 10:07 AM
First thing I did was check the river level, before even getting out of bed, and it is normal. BBC Weather App says it is torrential rain here, but dry so far, very very strong wind, and if they think I am doing a nearly 50 mile round trip to collect what will more than likely turn out to be rubbish, they have another think coming. Sounds ungrateful I know, but it means going and topping up with lpg and risking torrential rain and winds that blow your car all over the motorway.
Girls are nice and dry underfoot this morning, no water coming from the drain, so thats all back working properly as I did a wash yesterday afternoon to make sure
Not sure how its going with the other side of the village as last night they were filling sandbags and putting them in the parts the river came through last time.I don't think we've had rain overnight, but I may be wrong. I'll be finding out whats going on later no doubt!!!
Thinking of Sarah and Eileen this morning,maybe she'll already be in if they set off early on this morning, they were doing her first weren't they.
Nippy you take care of yourself today and stay where its safe as the winds will be worse on the coast I expect.
Sue, LOL, is it your sister or sister in law, maybe go to Brazil next Christmas
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2015, 11:50 AM
morning all, didn't get much sleep last night at all, the wind is sooooooo bad!!!!
the woman is quite pathetic really, at one stage i couldn't leave the house unless someone was with me...then i just thought "stuff it" and i just laugh at her antics now
Looking forward to hearing from eileen today, awaiting news of team pink or team blue
will have a good old read through in a little bit....have to wait another 10 minutes before i can eat.... don't like wednesdays at all Lol
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2015, 12:25 PM
right, had something to eat so now feel a lot happier!!!
Moyra, did you treat yourself to a lie in again this morning? i do hope you did
Lynn, good luck with the car, hope you don't have to pay anything out!!
Sue...oh crikey, well as you say it is just one day a year that Barry has to see your sister...maybe you could find a job for him that is urgent so he could escape for an hour Lol
TW, i really hope the sand bags are an unnecessary precaution, i really feel for all who are/have been affected by this bad weather...nice to see the chap in charge of the environment agency beggered off to barbados for his hols...this was after slagging off the fella who was in charge before..fab!!
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2015, 01:24 PM
Afternoon all
Eileen I shall be thinking of you, Sarah & babies looking forward to coming home from work to seeing the news
TW hope things aren't getting to bad for your area, am thinking of you all
Glad you happier now you've eaten Griff, if you need help sorting the stupid woman. Just shout we will send LG on a serious note, hope she does get sorted and leaves you alone, it's not what you need.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2015, 01:42 PM
Have a good day at work Mandy, hopefully with this nasty weather people will stay home Lol
She won't get sorted out, it has been going on for over 10 years now...i do believe in karma though so what goes around comes around
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2015, 01:50 PM
I agree, I believe in Karma too
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »