Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2013, 07:10 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Friday

Morning all Dogsey Peops

I'm afraid it's a flying visit from me this morning and I might not be back either for most of the day, as we have the 2 carpet fitters arriving at 8 am to do the hallway, which means we'll be barricaded in the lounge with Zena, no kettle, no loo, no fridge, cos being the hallway, we can't really get anywhere with them doing the floor.

Dave is taking Zena out to leave me here to see them in and sort them out, and one of us will have to be here all day as we have 3 deliveries. That buzzing noisy fire is being replaced today, plus the Ikea units arriving and something else which I've forgotten, so it's going to be a hectic old day. I'm really hoping they finish by lunchtime, but even with 2 of them, they said it's a day's work, but we'll see, I know it's a big hallway, but not that blooming big.

Hope Gorden arrives home safely Lynn, and I'm sure you won't be around for much of today either, so I'm afraid we're going to have to leave you all to get on with it now this thread is up lol!

Jenny, I do hope you're feeling a lot better this morning.xxx

Hope you're all ok along with the doglets, especially Loki and little Jimmi with his bad paws, and enjoy your day
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-02-2013, 07:22 AM
Morning Helena good luck with your busy day I hope it isn't too stressful.

I think the flight has landed just checked on the flight stat site so waiting for that text will feed Dillon and walk him as It will take him a while to get baggage and through the system and then across London.

Jenny hope you are feeling better today and anyone else who is feeling under the weather or has poorly dogs.

I will pop in and out as much as I can today.

Wrap up warm if going out they are saying it is cold again not been out yet so wouldn't know and enjoy your Friday everyone.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2013, 07:48 AM
Morning Helena, Lynn and all who follow,

Helena - I hope the new carpet goes down with problems. I think Dave drew the short straw as he's the one taking Zena out ....... the wind is even more biting than yesterday You house is going to look stunning by the time you've finished. My OH talks about getting things done but it takes months and months for anything to really happen. Drives me made

Lynn - good news that Gorden has landed and you'll be able to talk through (if he wishes to divulge his reasons for cancelling the next job) and try and find out what is going through his mind. Good luck and I hope you hear what you want to hear.

I'm off to Painshill Park again this morning meeting my friend Jill there with her greyhounds. I know it won't so pleasant this time simply because of the freezing cold weather but I'm sure the dogs will all enjoy it. Thermals on and my snow boots are at the ready.

Jenny I hope you are in less pain today ((hugs)) and any other poorly people or dogs are feeling better. Keep warm and safe and see you all later.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2013, 07:53 AM
Morning H, Lynn and all

I hope the carpet fitting goes well H, and everything else goes according to plan, it's all happening, but it will be worth it in the end.

It doesn't seem 5 minutes since Gorden left, he will be glad to get home.

I hope you are feeling better today Jenny.

It is so cold again I may go back into hibernation! I am not sure what I am doing today work wise or at the weekend, will have to ring up to find out. My colleague has decided to take off the Saturdays for 3 months as AL and I am expected to do all day, nobody asks or says anything and I am a bit fed up with it now as it's the only day I can walk with my friend, I am beginning to forget what she looks like!

I hope all poorly doggies are feeling better, especially Roxy who is recovering from her op.

Take care all.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2013, 08:04 AM
Morning H and all.
I have walked Lily and been and done mums shopping this morning. It is bitter out there.
I'm going to have my breakfast and feed Lily then I am off to mums to deliver her shopping and do her housework. Then its back to walk Lily and off to work again.

Good Luck today H, sounds a hectic nightmare.

Glad to hear Gordon is back on British soil again Lynn, hopefully you will soon have him home with you and he will be able to tell you the answers to your questions.
Jenny I hope you are not in so much pain today.
Jenny g. Have a lovely walk and give those greyhounds a cuddle from me.

Hope you all have a good day.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2013, 08:13 AM
Good morning all.

Sounds like there are some busy days planned today. Ours will be the same old, but with as many layers on as possible as it's freezing out there again.

Good luck with the hall and fire, Helena.

Hope you and Gorden have a lovely homecoming, Lynn and that your answers are all there waiting for you

Jenny, enjoy your dog walking. Once you and your friend get chatting, you won't notice the cold so much.

MM - is that allowed on the annual leave front? When I worked, it was always a major consultation process to book time off so that no one clashed and everyone was happy with it.

Everyone else who comes in, I hope your day goes as planned too and that no one, man nor beast, has any disasters today.

Have a good 'un all x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2013, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Helena good luck with your busy day I hope it isn't too stressful.

I think the flight has landed just checked on the flight stat site so waiting for that text will feed Dillon and walk him as It will take him a while to get baggage and through the system and then across London.

Jenny hope you are feeling better today and anyone else who is feeling under the weather or has poorly dogs.

I will pop in and out as much as I can today.

Wrap up warm if going out they are saying it is cold again not been out yet so wouldn't know and enjoy your Friday everyone.
Morning Lynn, glad he's arrived safely back in the UK, that's always a good start! Don't stress out if you can help it stay c-a-l-m for Gorden.xxxx

Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Morning Helena, Lynn and all who follow,

Helena - I hope the new carpet goes down with problems. I think Dave drew the short straw as he's the one taking Zena out ....... the wind is even more biting than yesterday You house is going to look stunning by the time you've finished. My OH talks about getting things done but it takes months and months for anything to really happen. Drives me made

Lynn - good news that Gorden has landed and you'll be able to talk through (if he wishes to divulge his reasons for cancelling the next job) and try and find out what is going through his mind. Good luck and I hope you hear what you want to hear.

I'm off to Painshill Park again this morning meeting my friend Jill there with her greyhounds. I know it won't so pleasant this time simply because of the freezing cold weather but I'm sure the dogs will all enjoy it. Thermals on and my snow boots are at the ready.

Jenny I hope you are in less pain today ((hugs)) and any other poorly people or dogs are feeling better. Keep warm and safe and see you all later.
Morning Jenny, things only get done around here cos I'm in the driving seat lol! Enjoy your bitter cold walk with your friend and her lovely doglets.

Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning H, Lynn and all

I hope the carpet fitting goes well H, and everything else goes according to plan, it's all happening, but it will be worth it in the end.

It doesn't seem 5 minutes since Gorden left, he will be glad to get home.

I hope you are feeling better today Jenny.

It is so cold again I may go back into hibernation! I am not sure what I am doing today work wise or at the weekend, will have to ring up to find out. My colleague has decided to take off the Saturdays for 3 months as AL and I am expected to do all day, nobody asks or says anything and I am a bit fed up with it now as it's the only day I can walk with my friend, I am beginning to forget what she looks like!

I hope all poorly doggies are feeling better, especially Roxy who is recovering from her op.

Take care all.
Morning Gerry, hope you decide what to do with yourself today.

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning H and all.
I have walked Lily and been and done mums shopping this morning. It is bitter out there.
I'm going to have my breakfast and feed Lily then I am off to mums to deliver her shopping and do her housework. Then its back to walk Lily and off to work again.

Good Luck today H, sounds a hectic nightmare.

Glad to hear Gordon is back on British soil again Lynn, hopefully you will soon have him home with you and he will be able to tell you the answers to your questions.
Jenny I hope you are not in so much pain today.
Jenny g. Have a lovely walk and give those greyhounds a cuddle from me.

Hope you all have a good day.
Morning Bev, enjoy your day

Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Good morning all.

Sounds like there are some busy days planned today. Ours will be the same old, but with as many layers on as possible as it's freezing out there again.

Good luck with the hall and fire, Helena.

Hope you and Gorden have a lovely homecoming, Lynn and that your answers are all there waiting for you

Jenny, enjoy your dog walking. Once you and your friend get chatting, you won't notice the cold so much.

MM - is that allowed on the annual leave front? When I worked, it was always a major consultation process to book time off so that no one clashed and everyone was happy with it.

Everyone else who comes in, I hope your day goes as planned too and that no one, man nor beast, has any disasters today.

Have a good 'un all x
Morning Chris, have a good one, the same old same old is just what I like!

Dave gone out, everything's ready, we're barricaded in here, and I'm just sat here waiting cos they're supposed to be here at 8.30

It's actually snowing down here in the south east now

Poor Zena, I swear she thought we were on the move again, the way we were sorting everything out this morning, packing up that big fire into a box, empty bare hallway, she just laid there sulking wondering why she wasn't going out. Thankfully, Dave has now taken her out and I told him the longer you're out the better! Wear her out please!!!

Why don't workmen arrive on time then? The tea run is going to be a bit slow today then the later they arrive lol!

I had a weird experience with AOL this morning, I had 44 e-mails, all maeler deamon and all weird addresses and somebody saying "i can't wait for you to get back to me" and "it's taken you long enough" blah blah blah, ooooer! I must have clicked on some suspect e-mail methinks, but today it's stopped thank goodness!

Oh where are they when I'm all ready and waiting, it's just typical isn't it
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2013, 08:43 AM
It's horrible waiting for people to arrive. I tend to pace, look through the window, tap my foot, pace, look through the window ................

I really don't like to have people I don't know in my house which doesn't help and when those people keep me waiting, my stress levels go through the roof.

Good luck with it and, remember, it'll be worth it in the end
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-02-2013, 08:58 AM
It is absolutely freezing out there today. Had a shorter walk with Dillon after yesterdays marathon walk and his rather over the top afternoon.
Gorden has sent a text to say he had just got through immigration that was about 8.45 so he reckons he will be later than he thought.
I am trying to keep calm Helena.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-02-2013, 09:08 AM
Morning H and all, hope the carpet laying goes well H, and they get it finished quickly. Lynn glad to hear Gorden is back safely. Hope you are feeling better today Jenny,

Not been around the last few days, don`t seem to have had 5 mins to myself

Well I am going to kill Millie if she carries on........ goodness knows what`s up with her, but when I go out she has taken to be a very naughty girl, she pulled the cushions of the sofa, got to the letter rack, scratched the paint off the door from laundry to sitting room, got in the toilet and pulled everything off the windowsill , toilet rolls and anything else she can get her chops at she has never been a destructive girl, even as a puppy , I keep coming up with different reasons for it, but the truth is , I don't know why she is acting this way if she wants to get any older, she better knock it on the head

Anyway have a good one folks, and stay safe xx
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »