Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-01-2013, 05:52 PM

No, it is not in the linen cupboard

At 7am this morning I rolled out of bed, rolled into the kitchen, got the round box of cheese triangles from the refrigerator and put it on the sink unit. Took the lid off and put that next to the box. Got Pereg's Pb pill box down from the shelf, took out Tuesday morning's pill and put it on the lid of the cheese triangle box. Tore off a tiny piece of cheese and squished it onto the pill. Picked it up. Put the lid back on the box. Put the box in the refrigerator. Put the pill box back on the shelf.

Took the foil sheet of her SAMe from the same shelf and put it on the sink unit to remind me to give it to her during the morning. Rolled back into the bedroom. Gave Pereg her pill. Rolled over her and under the duvet and went back to sleep.

When we finally surfaced the power was off but by the time it came back on it was time to give Pereg her SAMe tablet. Opened the refrigerator and reached for the box of cheese triangles to tear a slightly larger piece off to squish round the large SAMe tablet...

...and it was not there.

I mean it had to be there. It is always there. Same shelf. Same place. Always. But it was not. In its place was Pereg's round Pb box. The round box of cheese triangles was on the shelf where the Pb box should have been.

But at least I found it.

About half an hour ago I put my right hand out to get the large magnifying glass which is always there. It was not there. It was nowhere in the salon. It was not in the kitchen [there is another one in there with a different colour bag to protect the actual glass]. It was not in the back room [the one I keep on top of my row of various reference books was where it should be].

And it was not in the linen cupboard either.

Can someone please tell me what the errant magnifying glass was doing in the middle of my bed under the duvet?
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-01-2013, 05:56 PM
LOL, were you doing a bit of late night reading??? At least you found it x
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-01-2013, 05:59 PM
the linen cupboard idea is just to give you a start when you are looking for these gadabout items
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2013, 07:44 PM
Oh Malka, if you were a man I could come up with several reasons as to why you might find a magnifying glass in your bed
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-01-2013, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by Wyrekin View Post
Oh Malka, if you were a man I could come up with several reasons as to why you might find a magnifying glass in your bed
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2013, 07:51 PM
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2013, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by Anniebee View Post
Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
Sorry it was too tempting to resist!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-01-2013, 09:01 PM
That reminds me of something an ex-colleague once regaled us with when she came to work minus her engagement ring and said the wedding was off.

Apparently she had held out until she had the ring [engagement one] on her finger and the appropriate announcement in the local paper, and the reason why she had called it off was, so she told us all...

"I needed a magnifying glass to see it".

Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2013, 12:41 PM
What drives me insane is when I mislay the top of the hot water bottle.. so I am standing there, with a bottle full of boiling water and no stopper and cannot put the bottle down to seek it.. Have been known to empty the water back into the kettle... Tried tying the stopper to the bottle butt he thread got all twisted..