Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2013, 06:53 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread - Tuesday

(I think ) Good morning all Dogsey Peeps

Got up in the dark, looked outside, and it's very wet out there, but hopefully, it'll be a bright day like yesterday. When watching the forecast last night, the chap mentioned how the jet stream is zooming along above us bringing us all this wet weather and it's travelling at 200 mph, that's something you didn't know isn't it I lay awake after that, worrying it should fall out of the sky and swoop us all away

June, I hope you slept as lightly as you should and didn't miss anything reeeeeeally important going on????? Well??? Good to hear you have so many potential new owners who all sound so perfect this time, I hope they stay true to their word when the time comes. We're all sitting on tenterhooks here in the waiting room.

Sally, no wonder you're livid with that sil of yours Even if he took it temporarily whilst he's searching for the perfect job, it's an income isn't it, silly man. Let's hope he comes to his senses.

DD, hope you enjoyed your first day in the new job yesterday.

Nothing on the cards here today, but I'm sure there will be as the day goes on. Enjoy your day everyone and I'll catch up later.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2013, 07:35 AM
Morning Helena, Morning all,

Didn't get a chance to come on yesterday. So hope everyone is well and we haven't quite got puppies yet.

It's baltic here today, having to go out shortly to defrost my car. Got my Higher English class at last today, so had to print out one of my essays last night.

Was at the docs to find out about a new contraceptive thing for me. Turns out the previous doc was wrong, I'm not past the age where the pill is effective, it's just if you are a smoker or have a history of blood clots in your family (neither of which applies to me) then it is not recommended. This new doc gave me a years supply of the pill to keep me going.

She took my blood pressure too, apparently it's 'disgustingly healthy', and my weight is down too which is a good thing.

Off to work soon, then I have to make a start on my discursive essay for Higher English and a bit of study of the other stuff.

Have fun folks.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2013, 07:46 AM
Eurggghhh, wet and dark and horrible.
Pepsi is going to the vet today for a check and review of her tummy tablets. She will be pleased she loves him
Morning H try not to worry about that jet stream, I don't think it works quite like that
Lore glad you got things sorted with your doc
Take care everyone, I will pop back in a bit.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2013, 07:51 AM
Morning Helena & Lorraine I'm glad to hear one of us on here is disgustingly healthy Enjoy your day at school
No doubt you will find something to do later H can't have you sitting around being lazy.
It looks dull out here again I think it's forecast rain mind you I've had a sleep since I saw the forecast & can't now remember what he said.
It's my eldest daughters 43 birthday today. Where on earth has the time gone. When she was little she thought everyone had fireworks cos it was her birthday.

I might go for a wander round Liverpool. Not made my mind up yet. Other than that nothing planned.
Got up this morning & Taff had had a poo in the kitchen. Fortunately on the washable door mat so I bagged it & threw the mat outside till I can stomach cleaning it. He did have bad wind last night so I should have realised.
Enjoy your day everyone who has not arrived on here yet.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2013, 07:52 AM
Morning Nippy you snuck in while I was typing. Good luck at the vets.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2013, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
Morning Nippy you snuck in while I was typing. Good luck at the vets.
Lol, I missed you too
Happy birthday to your daughter, the fireworks made me laugh.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2013, 09:21 AM
Morning all,

Still a bit devastated from reading about Jenny's poor Flash getting the HGE again.

Lorraine please maintain your excellent health and strength coz we need at least ONE member of this forum who isn't falling to bits and you appear to be that one! I'll try and ensure that Bella remains as one of the 100% disgustingly healthy dogs as I will never be in the frame for the healthiest 2legged one at this rate!

Nippy - spoilsport - reassuring Helena. I quite like the idea of her lying on the bed with her bright mauve hair standing up on end as the 200mph wind comes in and carries her off!

Decided to give the co-codamol another go this morning and have that horrible sicky taste in the back of my throat now even after eating a proper breakfast and drinking coffee. This time Thursday I'll be sat with the Osteo telling her all about it and hope she can help.

Bella had a lie in today! She was snuggled into a little gap in pillows and cushions on the daybed (where we both slept) and didn't even get up when I went to the bathroom and came back! If she isn't up before me she is usually up like a shot as soon as I stir. For the first time since about March I was able to don long cotton trousers and a long sleeve overshirt and go for a walk with her and return without feeling hot and sticky as we had cloud cover earlier and actually a few tiny drips of rain!

That was my first laugh of the day because one of those few droplets must have fallen on Bella as she dashed under the cover of a nearby block and furiously shook herself dry! Lordy you should have heard the noise her huge ears were making! I was laughing out loud at her. She then proceeded the rest of the way home jumping at my leg for me to pick her up lol! It had stopped as quickly as it started! For a dog that loves swimming in lakes or sea and loves being showered, bathed or even squirted with water - she sure does HATE RAIN! She's eaten her chicken wing and gone into hiding.

Cloud cleared some time ago now but I do really hope this heralds a change in the weather and that our 'winter' might be going to start as we DESPERATELY need the rain. It's like a dust bowl here after such a long long time without any and an exceptionally long, hot, dry summer.

Lynne it's many many years since I was in Liverpool! I hope you enjoy whatever you decide to do today. Happy birthday to your daughter and it did make me smile about her and the fireworks for her birthdays!

Well Jenny's plight with Flash loomed so large in my mind that for the first time I wasn't wondering 'how Lynn is getting on' but have just thought about it now and wonder when we will hear anything from her as it's been almost a week now hasn't it? Hope all's well there.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2013, 09:43 AM
Morning

I need a holiday after our week away; I'm shattered! I am missing us all being together but I suspect Steve is glad to be back at work!

It was back to school yesterday and amazingly I was able to find clean uniform! We got a postcard sent home by the head teacher, telling us Carys had done some really good writing before half term. I was very proud and so was she.

Loki was a right pain last night - he was chewing his paws, picking them up and letting them fall down with a loud smack! Then he decided to make throwing up noises. He's started being really picky about his breakfast and this morning was begging for some of the tinned mackerel I was using for packed lunches. Yep, he got some too.

Have a good day everyone and special big hugs for Jenny and Flash.
xxx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2013, 09:45 AM
Morning Lucky Star!

Isn't it lovely when you get some missive home from school PRAISING your child for something?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-11-2013, 09:46 AM
Good morning fellow members . A dull morning and I am hoping it clears up later so I can take Hannah who is here for the day for a walk with Chloe.

Have a good day everyone
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »