Our sister sites
Our sister sites
stolen_wing
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-02-2008, 10:40 AM

Film Reviews?

Hi everyone

I am fairly new on here but I've been mooching about and found this page and was just wondering - is anyone interested/does anyone go to the cinema often?

I have a Cineworld card (you pay £11.99 a month and can go whenever you like) so I see a LOT of films. I was wondering if people would be interested if I put some reviews of new and recent films I have seen on here. Or even reviews of films I have watched recently but have been out for a while?

Or if you ask me I can provide a review! Me and my bf are film nuts you see lol! If noone is interested I wont be hurt - was jsut a thought.
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Yes go ahead as it is interesting to know what they are about before you go and see. A lot of the newspaper reviews sometimes seem to bear no resemblance to my experience of a film, ie they say rubbish and I quite enjoy it!
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-02-2008, 06:59 PM
Sounds like a good idea. How about an example of one of your reviews ?

Shall we name one for you ??
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Absolutely. I don't go to the cinema often and when I do, I like to make sure it's a movie I will be interested in and enjoy so reviews would be really helpful
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2008, 09:15 PM
I do like going to the cinema but find it quite expensive, I've never heard of the cineworld card before but we have a cineworld about 10 minutes from us so I may get one. Thanks for that info!
stolen_wing
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Yeah just head over and ask to sign up for an Unlimited Card... its £12.99 now i think as they put it up but you see 2 films a month and you have basically got your moneys worth... see more than that and its all good!

I am heading to the cinema tomorrow to see a few so I will pop a review up on here of one or two.

I wont do it for all of them but a few choice ones - the bigger ones and anything I think particualrly worth seeing.

Would you like me to start a new thread for each one?

Thanks for the enthusiasm!
zoby
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-02-2008, 10:31 PM
great idea!

i love the movies, but dont get there much these day

I watched "No country for old men" today - brilliant! - would be interested in your take on it.

I tend to think there are two type of film people - say those that like American Beauty or Fight Club.

Me? - definatley a Fight Club girl
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2008, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by stolen_wing View Post
Yeah just head over and ask to sign up for an Unlimited Card... its £12.99 now i think as they put it up but you see 2 films a month and you have basically got your moneys worth... see more than that and its all good!

I am heading to the cinema tomorrow to see a few so I will pop a review up on here of one or two.

I wont do it for all of them but a few choice ones - the bigger ones and anything I think particualrly worth seeing.

Would you like me to start a new thread for each one?

Thanks for the enthusiasm!
I think this is a brilliant idea, and thanks for taking the time to do it. OH and I rarely go to the movies - our knees can't take sitting still for that long so we have to wait for DVD's to come out. We usually buy these, so a review beforehand would be very useful.

A new thread for each one, with the title of the movie, is the best way imo
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2008, 10:39 PM
I think it's a brilliant idea! So many of the film reviews are written by "professional" people who really haven't got a clue what the public like etc. So go for it!

I'd be interested to know what you thought of I Am Legend?!

Am thinking of going to see Cloverfield next, although I have to sedate myself with alcohol before 12+ cert films cos I'm a scardy cat! :smt043
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-02-2008, 10:35 AM
We're thinking of going to see Cloverfield as well...saw the trailer when we went to see I Am Legend and thought it looked promising so I'd like to read a review of that in the near future, if possible
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >