Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-09-2015, 07:31 PM

Worzel Wooface

Have just been reading the new book Worzel Wooface by Catherine Pickles. It is the delightful story of a rescue lurcher told in the first person by Worzel himself, in his very own actual language! It is available only on Amazon at the remarkably low price of £6.99p and every penny raised by it's sale will go to Hounds First Sighthound Rescue. This for me is enough reason to buy it, knowing how much good will come from the money raised but the book is an absolute joy and a must for dog lovers and owners everywhere. It would make a lovely Xmas present for anyone with our interests. It is done in diary form and covers the first year that Worzel was with his new and it must be said, delightfully eccentric, family! I absolutely love this book and whole heartedly recommend it to you all. It is a complete and utter joy.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-09-2015, 07:33 PM
Will have a look for that Gordon. Thank you for the recommendation and lovely news money goes to rescue.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-09-2015, 09:05 PM
Like you say, make an excellent gift and the money going to a truly great cause. Will have a look for it
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2015, 12:53 PM
LG will it make me cry??? i don't really do crying see but animals do turn me a bit soft....will hopefully buy it next week
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2015, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Have just been reading the new book Worzel Wooface by Catherine Pickles. It is the delightful story of a rescue lurcher told in the first person by Worzel himself, in his very own actual language! It is available only on Amazon at the remarkably low price of £6.99p and every penny raised by it's sale will go to Hounds First Sighthound Rescue. This for me is enough reason to buy it, knowing how much good will come from the money raised but the book is an absolute joy and a must for dog lovers and owners everywhere. It would make a lovely Xmas present for anyone with our interests. It is done in diary form and covers the first year that Worzel was with his new and it must be said, delightfully eccentric, family! I absolutely love this book and whole heartedly recommend it to you all. It is a complete and utter joy.
Just the name alone makes me want to buy it Gordon, but your lyrical description convinces me I shall love it ... Worzel definitely sounds like a dog who requires an eccentric family, like my Ben!! Thanx so much for the tip.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-09-2015, 02:47 PM
Thank you all for your interest - hope you enjoy this book.
Don't worry Griff - it won't make you cry. G.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2015, 05:26 PM
i shall see how my money goes then LG
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-09-2015, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the recommendation LG I always prefer the advice of someone who has actually read a book. I lot of the reviews you see in the papers are very dodgy in my opinion.

Will definately put it on my Xmas wish list
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2015, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Thanks for the recommendation LG I always prefer the advice of someone who has actually read a book. I lot of the reviews you see in the papers are very dodgy in my opinion.

Will definately put it on my Xmas wish list
I shall do likewise!
Worzel Wooface
New Member!
Female 

01-10-2015, 07:08 AM
Hello everyone!

As my name suggests - I'm Worzel Wooface (well, his sektary at any rate!) I fell across this forum thread so thought I'd pop in to say thank you so much for Gordon's kind words and to everyone else for your support.

Worzel is an amazing dog who has made enormous progress since he came to live with us at the age of 5 months. He's still working on his "hobedience" and will always approach new situations and people with caution but quite simply, he's wonderful.

Worzel's Wooface is my first book although I've been writing all my life in various formats. Nothing - at all - EVER prepares you for the moment when you publish your first book so I am more than delighted that readers have enjoyed it so much.

Hounds First are a small rescue and like so many others, under enormous financial pressure. It's been lovely to be able to give them something back. After all, they gave me Worzel and he's completely changed my life!

Once again - thank you - everyone. And Gordon... about that eccentric thing? My husband would like it to be known that he is really quite normal. It's the rest of us who are bonkers!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >