View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-01-2020, 04:43 PM
Narrow stairs I find hard to navigate to in fact any stairs since moving into the bungalow.

Yes it is Chris the Fenlanders are very proud of their traditions and stick to them, I think that's why I like living here.
They can seem a bit mad though at times.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2020, 05:20 PM
Lol...that looks a scream Lynn! I think I would enjoy it but would probably get totally smashed lol
Kazz, I don't like peaches but I reckon that sounds lush
I had the ultrasound, they went right up by my sternum so that's why I couldn't eat before the scan! I was told they saw no abnormalities so I am none the wiser as to what's up with me. I picked up the blood results I had before Christmas but I made a faux Pas! I told them my results are always wonky and not to worry... it's not my usual wonky ones that are wonky lol, seeing the nurse next week so will try to sort it
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-01-2020, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Morning Moyra, just had a toastie for breakfast, can't eat now until after this ultrasound

Hope it goes well, at least they ain't gonna pump something horrible into you
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-01-2020, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
We have lived in the fens 7 years this year and never been.

Amazing, I can still recall your telling us about your move and I was thinking that at first you might not like it, but I was convinced that the life would 'grow' on you, I must admit I'm very much in favour of the country life and reading some of the horror stories about inner city London and such I'm happy you are where you are
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-01-2020, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Losos I baked mine as they needed eating and I thought hmmmmm so put them in the oven for 40 minutes with a little brown sugar and a bit of water lovely totally recommend it never have done it before myself but hey I shall have them again. Think they are better ripe or over then hard. Thoroughly recommend here.

We often have to throw out peaches as they do bruise easily, will give it a try next time, thanks for the tip.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-01-2020, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Yes it is Chris the Fenlanders are very proud of their traditions and stick to them,

Lynn - You've jogged my memory, I went once, it was a long time ago. In those days I had friends all over the Fens and we did night rallies (On private land) so got to know the area.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-01-2020, 07:52 PM
Just got the 'summons' that dinner is on the table so must go, if I delay it will be in Brunos tummy
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2020, 10:19 PM
Hey Harvey, hope you are o.k...ish!!
Yep no dye thank the lord! Always makes me feel like I have week's myself that stuff lol. My main concern was not weeing myself after all that water lol
I think that the main problem with cities is people are too selfish and self absorbed...I will help most people and I am very happy to do so, I walk down my street, everyone knows me and says hi, new people move in and I try to make an effort to get to know them...a few years back, you would go to town, people would say thanks for you holding the door, wait their turn in the queue etc, now it's like you are a butler and it's your job and no thanks and the bus queue...non existent! I hate queue cutters, drives me nuts lol
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2