Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2020, 07:21 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, 14th January, 2020

Good morning all, hope you are all fit and well and if not then hopefully recovering nicely. I Trust our four legged friends are all ok too.

Have a good day, wrap up warm and dry, keep out of the wind and above all things stay safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2020, 09:11 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hope you were all safe and not suffered any damage from last nights storm. Everything round here seems to be safe.

Dull but at least dry today

Hope all are well

Have a good day
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2020, 12:11 PM
Absolutely raging, 8.50 this morning I heard a bang outside my bedroom window, I opened the curtains to find a workman in my garden with ladders again! Had I not realised I would have opened my curtains and he would have seen the whole lot! I am not overlooked so open the curtains and then get dressed...my bed is under the window, I opened the window and asked what was he doing in my garden? He started mumbling something about next door and I just said I didn't care, he had no permission to be there, get out as he is trespassing. They were warned before by the solicitor about trespass...this time, all caught on camera and backed up! I am still shaking, I don't like the thought of anyone apart from my fella seeing me
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2020, 12:46 PM
Morning all. Hope you all have a good day. Wet and windy here but dog needs walking...……………..

Sue hope you got back from the update.
Chris Sometimes we are meant to be somewhere seems your somewhere is where you are. LOL

Brenda I think we all want something we do not have you feel depressed by the sea...…yet others feel uplifted nowt as strange as folk. Hope all is good with you both,
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2020, 01:36 PM
Good afternoon all from a very cold and breezy Skeg

Quick question: Does anyone use the gel SELF-cooling mats for their dog in summer (ie doesn't need refridgeration_? If so. what are they like and do they do the job?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2020, 02:07 PM
I have them for my two, well...I got cheap ones from b&m, both dogs lie on them happily enough although Deagan has broken hers lol. I also have a chillow and I love it in the summer, helps me cool down.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2020, 02:20 PM
I should say Chris that if the dogs a chewer it may be risky... although I am sure that's not an issue for you
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2020, 03:02 PM
Afternoon everyone. Chilly, damp and breezy not a good day for hanging washing out.

Goodness griff seemed things had gone quiet ? What a cheek.
We bought a cooling mat for Ollie many years ago he didn't use and it ended being thrown away, not sure if Dillon would use one or not we haven't tried.
I put a cold damp towel over him but mostly use fans and the fan that takes ie blocks.

Meter reader came today after I was given statistics about dog bites, I asked him to wait while Dillon was secured in the living room, and I assured him dillon was not a biter my worry was him possibly getting put he then assumed he was an escape artist which he isn't I drove home my worry is for my dog.
he then asked if I anted a smart meter my answer nooooo, if my supplier pays for my meters to go outside then I would say yes. Then I got statistics about smart meters lectures etc., so I stopped him and said I have done my research I am not obliged to have one and thought I am keeping you in work and those of us that won't have one installed.
Same as refusing to use the self service tills in supermarkets.
I was glad when he did the job he came to do and left.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2020, 03:43 PM
Lynn, it fair pees me off all this trying to force smart metres on people...Steve has one and do you know where it lives?? On top of his cupboard and he only ever looks to make sure his payment has gone on
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2020, 03:54 PM
The cool mat is for a dog pram . It won't be used much just when it's hot and for going to the market/car boot as I won't take Rosie walking through them with her being so 'ickle. Our walks are mainly in the shade, but I carry her across any area that is path/pavement and in the sun and I'm getting to be an old fart that is finding that more difficult these days.

The gel cool mats say you don't need to put in the fridge and I've not seen these before - hence the question - do they work .

Rosie isn't a chewer - never has been so that isn't a problem
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >