View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-12-2019, 03:52 PM
Oh Kelly you can't even get the dogs when you are sorted. Why because you were popping out to help Steve has this resulted in you being made to leave.
I am really hoping when mum calms down she takes her words back.
Good luck at the Sally army tomorrow really hoping they can give you some help.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2019, 04:05 PM
Dad has messaged, he thought I was staying with Steve, he asked how he was and when I said o.k I guess I am not staying with him, he asked where I was..I said in a hotel and said go home. I am not sure what to do...I don't know if to go back and sort my options out..he said he didn't mean why he said he was angry...this is all down to my brother...does it all the time then pootles off to London having caused carnage. He did it a few years ago, I honestly don't know what he gets out of it? I wonder is he jealous because I am there and he isn't? He started literally as soon as he got out the car ths year..I said to Steve I knew he was on one because when I asked him to message my cousin about my uncle he was really really snotty.
If I go back, I won't be having them dictate to me what I can and can't do, dad just said he doesn't want me to make a mistake with Steve....I said he is lovely and been a good mate to me and actually if he gave him a chance...he would like him
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-12-2019, 04:17 PM
How about go back and leave options open to leave if things get heated ? Although I don't see why you should.
Cannot see why your brother would or should be jealous he has the two properties a job and chooses to live where he does.

So this is about Steve and your brother. You might be living at home but you are 40 and allowed to live your life and maybe make mistakes but have your parents there to support you if needed.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2019, 04:21 PM
Go home, Kelly. If nothing else, mum and dad are there if you need emergency help and, of course, you are back with your dogs.

A little tip though. Save up and next time brother comes a calling, book back into the hotel for the duration

So glad your dad has reached out. Now it's your turn xx
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2019, 04:46 PM
Lol..I said to steve next time he comes I am staying with you...he said not likely I can book back into the hotel lol. He said I should go home if not just to sort my hair out. I think I will keep a bag packed just incase so this time I have more than my clothes I stand up in and yes....I will be putting some money aside each week... even if it's £2
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-12-2019, 04:47 PM
Good luck griff. Xxx
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2019, 04:48 PM
I am staying at the hotel tonight....I have paid for it and it's a long overdue holiday for me
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-12-2019, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Go home, Kelly. If nothing else, mum and dad are there if you need emergency help and, of course, you are back with your dogs.

A little tip though. Save up and next time brother comes a calling, book back into the hotel for the duration

So glad your dad has reached out. Now it's your turn xx

Yes Kelly dearest, people do say stupid things when they are upset, nothing Mum or Dad said direct or on the phone sounded real and sounds like they thought you were with Steve not alone in a hotel.

Great tip from Chris, there are loads of small B&B's and static caravan parks who would take dogs for a few days so next time he's planning on visiting you plan on visiting somewhere else All you need to do is plan it in advance and do the research on Google.

Half the problem this time was that you had to walk out in just the clothes you had on. Next time you'll have your bag packed, dogs food sorted, and an address where Mum & Dad know you are. Just bad timing that brother decides to visit just when you had booked your little holiday.

Like I say take a tip from Chris

ETA:-
Just found this, I've a vague recollection I stayed there, (it was about 8 years ago so not absolutely sure) but it was near Stratford-on-Avon,

Riverside Caravan Park, Tiddington Road, Stratford-on-Avon, Google will find it for you and many others as well maybe even closer to you, is there anyone in the pub who might want a few quid to drive you down there .
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2019, 09:48 PM
Well its moved forward since I went to work. Griff sorry never read your last post yesterday about your Dad forcing you out.

The above advice is good. But I would for certain give it a couple of weeks and then say (rather than appear peeved) to your parents "next time my brother comes down to stay I will be taking a little time out to let you have some time alone with him." Rather than say I won't stay here if he is.

Glad your Dad reached out to you take the olive branch.

I think they worry and love you almost (if possible) too much and do not want to see you hurt.

You can still sort out your options and get on the council list and see what would be available to you. Hope for the best plan for the worst.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2019, 11:17 PM
Thanks Kazz and thank you so much for your most generous offer of help. I don't like my brother, I don't want to spend anytime with him, my aunt says I should just make nice for my parents sake but I am not like that...I can't be two faced, if I never saw him again I would be very very happy!
I had to laugh at Steve, I went with him to work..must have been bored! We went to McDonald's for a coffee and I said you wouldn't really see me on the streets would you?? He started laughing and said he would have to think about it, I would most likely kill him in the first hour lol. I am enjoying my last night here, have had a shower and washed my hair.. again coz I used the free all in one stuff..not great for my hair! Eating cheese sandwiches with a beer watching TV. If anyone ever visits here, if you want somewhere that's clean but cheap, look at the Coventry hill hotel, the decor is a little tired but the staff are friendly and helpful! I sent Lynn, Harvey and Brenda a photo of the reception...and I am deffo not slumming it lol
Need to stay awake as Steve finishes at 12.30 and asked him to call, like to know he has got home safely.
I have also decided after my near miss that I would like to help the homeless... even if it's just tea and a chat... sometimes just treating people like a normal human being can be of help
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2