View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
aaron415
New Member!
Male 

22-10-2012, 06:28 PM
That is a good idea! Does your dog ever try to move from the blanket on the bed and try to get closer to you?
katilea
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-10-2012, 06:37 PM
she used to try and take over the bed but I used to make her get off if she did..she could choose to either get back on and stay on the cushion or go back to the dog bed..she soon learnt to stay put!

she does come closer for a cuddle in the mornings but she's very polite and prods me first to ask if she can..lol!
aaron415
New Member!
Male 

22-10-2012, 06:43 PM
Got ya!

Great tips. Thanks!
HannahnMaggie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-10-2012, 05:42 PM
id be upset if Maggie didn't sleep in the bed with me i love a cuddle and so does she! she has slept on the bed from being a puppy, even before she was house trained, luckily we never had any accidents in the bed! attempted crate training her over night but that failed when i felt too sorry for her when she started crying and slept downstairs with her for about a week instead
gwenny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-10-2012, 05:56 PM
Aah!a girl after my own heart!Theres nothing like snuggling up with your dog!(or in my case,three dogs!)
HannahnMaggie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-10-2012, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by gwenny View Post
Aah!a girl after my own heart!Theres nothing like snuggling up with your dog!(or in my case,three dogs!)
just doesn't feel right without them cuddled up beside you!
katilea
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-10-2012, 06:04 PM
I don't see why it should be an issue! My dog still knows whose the boss of the house, she's also well aware that I'm not canine like her..lol!

It may have been different if I'd had a partner when I first got her, but I don't and I'm deaf and I like to be able to feel her next to me. If she's in a crate she can't get to me to tell me if there's someone prowling around, a fire in middle of night or if she's in pain, cold or needs a wee. (as I can't hear her cry).

Admittedly our dogs didn't when I lived at home but my parents and brother were hearing so could hear them bark or whatever...Maybe a deaf thing.. Inca knows she has to come and get my attention first if she wants something or needs to tell me something and not just bark.
jade the sbt
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-10-2012, 05:49 AM
Staffs are the worst for stealing the bed I swear! that's why I bought a bolt to keep them out once they learnt how to open the door themselves. XD
Allan53
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Usually yes. But ever since Conrad started to get a bit aggro, we've had to get stricter with him. Cats are always welcome up, though: worst they'll do is scratch you, while a boxer is a bit of a different story...
gwenny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-10-2012, 02:27 PM
Hmm,I dont know about that,my cats have a habit of going round bumming fusses off the dogs,and I keep getting woken up as each dog in turn grumbles and moves away!Then they ll start kneading and purring in my ear in the middle of the night,far more disruptive than 3 lady collies,at least they usually just sleep!
Page 45 of 45 « First < 35 42 43 44 45