View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Unfortunately i could only watch 25 mins of it, will wait for bbc1 player as well.

I thought (what i saw) about time, i see practices time and time again at shows that i dislike very much.

I have a 2 year old pedigree, cost me £1200. Has bad hips, arthritus and ruptured cruciate and scar that will not heal.

My first newf had 2 cartlidge displacements within the first year.

I saw the boxer how bloody awful was that. My heart goes out to anyone who has to deal with these symptons. Jess went balistic, it was almost like it was happening in front of her i had to calm her down whilst that was on tv.

The gsd's lookied so much better years ago.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2008, 09:37 PM
All I can say is I'm absolutely disgusted and a big wake up call to the KC and breeders in general.These people should think shame off themselves.

For once the bbc gets a huge round of applause from me xxxxxxxxx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Did you hear that boxer scream? that was so awful, Crying my eyes out
That's just how Loki sounds . Course he isn't KC registered but there is in-breeding in his lines.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-08-2008, 09:40 PM
Quite interesting but I don't think the program really told us anything we didn't already know regarding the results of selectively breeding for the wrong reasons.

I've never been a big fan of the view that one dog is better than another just because it conforms to 'the' breed standard. I've always seen that as a show view (see my previous ESS working / show rants)

As for the KC - I think they were portrayed in a bad light over-highlighting some of the daft aspects of breed standards that are as plain as the nose on your face.

On the whole it just reinforced the idea of re-evaluating some breed standards and health testing to allow KC registration.

That said - Breagh had her big head in front of the telly for most of it.
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2008, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
That's just how Loki sounds . Course he isn't KC registered but there is in-breeding in his lines.

I thought of you whilst i watching the tv. You poor thing i don't know how you cope.....
Sophie*
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-08-2008, 09:42 PM
I have a question - for those who did buy a KC registered puppy, was it health tested? My toy poodle was not.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2008, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
All I can say is I'm absolutely disgusted and a big wake up call to the KC and breeders in general.These people should think shame off themselves.

For once the bbc gets a huge round of applause from me xxxxxxxxx
here here!!!!

the snobery involved in showing is appalling. i've never enjoyed shows and would never get involved.

i was considering a pug but after watching i will decline one now.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by Sophie* View Post
I have a question - for those who did buy a KC registered puppy, was it health tested? My toy poodle was not.
mine was.

HD,elbows,eyes and heart.

i've since had him tested for others that he could be pre-disposed too and they were clear.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2008, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by Sophie* View Post
The `lady` showing the King Charles had hers health tested - then she looked at the positive result and....ignored it!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by hectorsmum View Post
here here!!!!

the snobery involved in showing is appalling. i've never enjoyed shows and would never get involved.

i was considering a pug but after watching i will decline one now.
I agree with you about shows. There is no doubt hundreds of decent caring people who show but its the for want of a better word scum who appeared just makes my blood boil and make me want to stay well clear.

Im still sat here trying to figure out what some of the people were thinking.
Page 6 of 65 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 56 > Last »