Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 07:21 PM

Competition Name

I always thought that to have a show name a dog had to be KC registered. Since Dingo has started agility recently, someone said to me that we should think of a competition name for when we enter into them once he's more experienced. My question, is why do this if he's not KC registered?

Heidi
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2008, 07:38 PM
i see you are from germany, Do you just have the breed register? in the UK we have two registers the Breed Register & the "Activities" register for dogs with "missing" paperwork, or Xbreeds.

My Collies are on the Activity reg & they both have Really long known pedigrees, but somewhere way back there was a collie type used that was not registered.

Id love to help think up a name for your boy! youll need to tell us stuff about his character & interesting stuff about where you libve/where he was born etc

Play on words from your user name, somthing like

"Fliggle finger of Fate"

Or something like

"Den-go din-go"

"fliggle Ding Oh"

Etc

Just needc to know about germany really!
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2008, 03:04 PM
I don't know how I missed this, sorry hun, I'm not sure how it works in Germany, but as mishflynn said, over here our dogs have to be registered on the activities register to compete, Jack wasn't registered at all, he was a rescue and came with no papers, so we found a name we liked for him, and one that Christopher wouldn't be embarrased about, if he got placed the names can be anything you like, within reason, and if it's with the KC no longer than 24 characters long, including spaces, hth
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2008, 11:56 PM
It's not a case of a show name. When a breeder registers a litter of pups with the KC they register the names with the KC, these are then approved by the KC. The puppy then carries this name. So whether you show the dog or do agility, obedience etc it is this name that is used, it's breed registered name.
Dogs that are not registered under the breed with KC can register the dogs under the "activities register" and register a name to be competed under. Then it has a name that can be used at KC competitions.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2008, 10:22 AM
yeah best way to think of a name imo is through character

millie has huggge ears hence "im all ears" shes a x breed so shes on the activity register,,,

good luck with picking a name!!