Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-12-2006, 12:37 PM

What is a dog listener?

Mt local PAH store have a dog listener coming into the store for a couple of hours at the weekend....

What is a dog listener?

All it says is bring your dog along to join us...but agressive dogs not allowed without a muzzle
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2006, 12:56 PM
Same as a horse whisperer (not seen the film??) They believe they are on a one to one with animals, and always take a humane approach to training, thinking like a horse say if you're a horsewhisperer, so it would be the same for a dog Put yourself in his shoes so to speak in order to get the best out of them, and it really works!! It works with horses anyway, I've seen it with my own eyes at a show. Brilliant! If you've got any problem with your dog, I suggest you go along, he might well help you out
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2006, 01:48 PM
oo sounds good!
ozmutt
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-01-2007, 03:52 AM
It is usually someone who has observed dogs for a long time.
Has a natural empathy for them - can put themselves into the same paws as the dog.
It is someone who loves dogs and who really believes that by going to the same level can help a dog.

I believe that it can work, but, it will only work if you are prepared to spend a lot of time, effort and energy.

Go - you may come away with a whole lot of ideas - a greater insight, but, you will not come back as a "dog whisperer" - just maybe, a better dog owner - dog trainer.