Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Well done Bradley and Sheree - woo hoo for your first class.

Re: the down stay - just make sure you don't say his name - if you do want to talk to him use a soft quiet - i say good down stay.

Not sure if you have been shown this but another good tip would be to have a release command - to signal that they can get up from the sit/down etc. The release I used to use would be a pat on their side and ok - then I would show them they can get up with a treat! Does that make sense.

RE: course in Feb - is this the test? We used to do a six week training session followed by a test - just a thought?

good luck and keep enjoying it - don't worry about those serious ones - you'll show them soon enough!
Thanks Rachel,
I'm sure everything will work out in my head once we've done it a few times, I know what I was like when I was learning to show, lol.
I suppose you just feel a bit of a plonker when you start out and see others knowing whats expected, and their dogs doing it immediately. Also, I didn't want to keep asking questions and holding everything up but I'll be braver next week.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2006, 02:05 PM
Hi scorpio

no problems ask away and if i can help i will do.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by sjpurt View Post
Hi scorpio

no problems ask away and if i can help i will do.
Thanks very much.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2