Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2006, 09:48 AM

KC Registration Question

Morning everyone, please excuse my ignorance and I do hope this question hasn't already been asked, but I couldn't find it anywhere.
I've never done obedience with my dogs, always shown them so they have all been KC registered. If I were to decide on doing obedience with one of them, (yes, I know its a real long shot with a setter ), would they also have to be registered elsewhere or is the KC breed registration all that is required?
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-11-2006, 11:11 AM
Oh what a good question.

Jodeeuk will know, why not drop her a PM.

Dawn R.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by Nursey View Post
Oh what a good question.

Jodeeuk will know, why not drop her a PM.

Dawn R.
LOL Dawn For once I do know the answer & it is that the breed registration is the only one you need.

The Activities register(previously Working Trials & Obedience Register)is for dogs that aren't KC registered by their breeder &/or aren't from breed register registered parents.

There are always exceptions of course. For example dogs imported from abroad registered with the FCI or similar regsiter that is recognized by the KC, dogs from parents registered with the ISDS or an ISDS registered dog-these can be registered by the owners with the KC on the Breed register(as long as the breed is recognized by the KC in the case of imported dogs)

LOL you are now probably completely confused

If you do start entering your dogs in obedience(& I hope you do)the entry forms are the same as breed ones except that you have to include the KC number on them !
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2006, 01:46 PM
Thanks for that Nursey and Joedeeuk, I am seriously considering it as, although I love showing it has become so political that you question whether it is worth all the money and effort. Plus, having so many dogs I've noticed that now, if one runs off and won't come back, I have a job getting the others to take any notice. If I can get one trained up (and I know it won't be easy), then I can, hopefully, use that experience to get the others to some sort of acceptable level. Thanks again.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2006, 02:51 PM
good for you scorpio its so nice when breeds other than the norm, collies,gsd's and so on are entered in obed
hope you do well and have fun
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2006, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
good for you scorpio its so nice when breeds other than the norm, collies,gsd's and so on are entered in obed
hope you do well and have fun
Thanks for the encouragement, I may need some more once we get going as I know my setters are more intelligent than they let on, and will they see through my motives?
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Thanks for the encouragement, I may need some more once we get going as I know my setters are more intelligent than they let on, and will they see through my motives?
LOLOLOLOL My friend Jackie does Obedience with the scrummy Jamie(he's a Greygrigge boy)she won out of beginners this year so is up with the big birls & boys now. He is not just clever but extremely handsome as this photo shows

Don't forget there is the Special Pre Beginners KC Good Citizen stakes at Obedience shows which is an excelllent place to start The classes are a cross between Obedience & KCGC & the finalists get to compete @ Crufts !
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-11-2006, 04:37 PM
Oooh, what a thrill to see a decent looking Irish doing the job he's meant for. He's a babe.

I've left the breed ring behind too, at least for the time being. I'll show my veteran Irish on occasion, but the Yankees are all done and clipped off. Maybe agility might be something we could all enjoy, if I could find a training club.

Joedee, do you know of any in Northumberland?

Dawn R.
Crazycollie
New Member!
Female 

02-12-2006, 12:27 AM
whats Wrong with Full bred Collies???
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2006, 12:33 AM
What post are you referring to Crazycollie?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >