View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 11:17 AM
Wow they look like old pros already. Looks like great fun. Lovely to see them enjoying themselves so much
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by Hannah
Great pics looks like they are doing really well! I want to do agility with Loki when hes old enough but got awhile before he is so have got him a tunnel to pratice with in the mean time and OH is ment to be making us some weave poles to play with!
Sorry to Hijack your thread madmare but I just need to ask Hannah if I may - how old is Loki and what size / breed / type ? Only if large or will be a large, weaves must be left til the last thing because of the bending involved for growing joints, muscles, spine etc. My new beginners are not allowed to start agility training til 12 months old minimum and dont get to do basic weaves til the end of their 6 week induction and even then its two sets of weaves next to eachother for the dogs to walk between [ like a channel ], to familiarise them with the look and feel of the poles but without `weaving proper`, then they learn weave entry with just two poles which doesnt require the dogs to bend, and then [ eventually ] they start on 6 weaves and build up from there. Just concerned because people often think its ok to have a puppy weaving because they are so little but as soon as they get big enough to need to bend through the poles, thats when damage can be done because people dont want to risk losing the learning the pup has done when smaller because of the loooong time gap before they should be allowed to do them properly when they are old enough / fully grown.
It would be better to start a pup with tunnels [ no impact involved in that ] and planks flat on the ground with contact points if possible, again because there is no impact that way to growing youngsters. Hope you dont mind me sticking my oar in :smt115

And to get back on topic, hey madmare, those two fun lovin` sweeties look very familiar
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2