Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2006, 10:04 PM

Skyes retiring....

from agility! It was advised from the vet. She hurt her back last year, which has resulted in some stiffness of her hind.
She has had all the x-rays, blood test etc. These all showed clear but she had some soft tissue damaged & lived on metacam for a few months. Also had a veterinary physio come to my house every other week. She was fab.
Shes ok. But when she gets up sometimes her back end becomes robotic. Its such a shame as she loved her agility. I gave her at least 8 months rest. So i've given her chance to recover. I want her to be happy & mobile when shes 6 not arthritic.
So....... my agility career had gone down the pan! Blue eye- balled. He was such a sod. I still do abit in the garden with him. But could never compete. Also took a dislike to some of the dogs at agility & would fly over to them half way over the dog walk......nightmare
Then with Skyes injury. Soooo i took my little welsh nutter...fenn....along to agility on Thursday night. She starts next week. Didn't think it would be that soon.
So hopefully third time lucky. Please wish me luck!!!!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2006, 10:09 PM
aww bless i am sorry to hear of your babe having to stop agility,and good luck starting afresh with fenn hope you both enjoy it
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2006, 10:33 PM
Thanks! I've told fenn she's not aloud to tell Skye where she's been on a Thursday night
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2006, 10:35 PM
ooh now that will be a hard a collie keeping a secret hope you both have a wonderful time
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2006, 11:40 AM
Fenn starts agility tonight. I'm soooo excited. 3rd time luck
Shes gonna be a sod i think, but she will be great when she gets into it. She jumps on my OH shoulders from a stand still & she runs as fast as my friends lurcher.
Shes a typical welsh working sheep dog. My other 2 are from show stock. Talk about coach potatoes
I just can't wait. will let you know how we get on!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2006, 11:56 AM
aww i look forward to hearing all about it hope you all have a great time and good luck and remember have fun
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2006, 04:01 PM
Good luck with Fenn!

I hope she does well and look forward to hearing about what chaos she causes tonight
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2006, 09:39 PM
Well we went to agility tonight. Suprisingly Fenn was a dream.
We started on the lead to start with. But then after 15 mins she was off it. We even done the a-frame with a nice stay off the lead. Then we done a jump/a-frame/jump/jump/left turn/jump all off lead. she thoroughly enjoyed it.
Can't wait till next week.I am really pleased with her
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2006, 09:42 PM
aww thats brilliant news well done fenn you little treasure
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2006, 09:55 PM
When i got her she was a mess. Scared of everything. She still hates men. Loves my OH though, shes always got her tongue in his ear
Shes come so much. I will always have a rescue collie now. They are so rewarding. I will get my OH to take some pictures of her.
For her to walk on a a-frame totally amazes me. At the end my instructor got me to try her over the dogwalk on the lead as she was ok.
I train with my vet. Shes got a lovely lab. Shes the best vet ever. She was the one who advised me to retire Skye. Really don't think Skye gives a toot bless her.

I'm on such a high :smt026
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >