Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarahbeag
New Member!
Female 

17-05-2006, 02:16 PM

EMDAC anyone?

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone here goes to the emdac shows in Leicestershire? I'll be there this weekend running my 2 beagles (one of whom is very naughty )

sarah
Helen&Lucy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-07-2006, 04:26 PM
Hi

me and lucy are going to EMDAC 15/16 july, it will be our first show!!!! and were well scared!!! do you do kennel club agility? its just we have been training but not actually had a competetion as yet and we believe u now have to get you dog meausred for a KC agility show???? where on earth do i go to get her mesaured!?!?!? please help as we have entered a competetion with derby dog agility club which is to be held at Evlaston castle in August....

Please help!!!
Sarahbeag
New Member!
Female 

17-07-2006, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by Helen&Lucy
Hi

me and lucy are going to EMDAC 15/16 july, it will be our first show!!!! and were well scared!!! do you do kennel club agility? its just we have been training but not actually had a competetion as yet and we believe u now have to get you dog meausred for a KC agility show???? where on earth do i go to get her mesaured!?!?!? please help as we have entered a competetion with derby dog agility club which is to be held at Evlaston castle in August....

Please help!!!
Hi,

How did you get on over the weekend? Hopefully you had plenty of fun. I was the one runnning 2 beagles (one slightly crazy), if you were there.

With regards to getting your dog measured for KC shows, some shows have official measurers at certain shows but other than that, I believe there are measurers in different areas of the country. If you look on agility net, I think there is a section giving you contact details for 'measurers' in your area.

I do some KC agility (more so last year) as we are concentrating more on showing our puppy at the moment but hope to be back competing more next year, but will be at emdac in August if you decide to go again (if this weekend hasn't put you off)

sarah
Helen&Lucy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-07-2006, 01:49 PM
Hiiiiiiii

On sat we got two clear rounds!!! and we had 3 classes on sunday but got 5 faults in each, one for jumping on the tunnel rather than going in it! I saw a lady there with two beagles!!!!! infact they were the only two beagles i saw and i kept seeing them everywhere! how weird is that!!!! x how did u get on? i was really please with her x
Sarahbeag
New Member!
Female 

21-07-2006, 01:55 PM
Hi,

well done with your clear rounds and I hope you enjoyed your weekend.

Yes, that was me with the 2 beagles (also have a puppy but she was with my husband most of the time) - just hope you didn't see me run - could be a bit embarassing although my youngest did me proud on the saturday and won the team jumping with two working cockers.

Will you be there in August?
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-07-2006, 10:17 AM
where on earth do i go to get her mesaured!?!?!? please help as we have entered a competetion with derby dog agility club which is to be held at Evlaston castle in August....
Dogs have to be a minimum of 15 months old to be measured which yours obviously is. Lots of shows hold measuring sessions but even if they are measuring at Derbyshire she will have to be measured BEFORE you take her into the ring and most sessions are carried out at lunchtime. There is the Agility Club show at Newbury next weekend and then one at Ayelsbury the following weekend then the KC festival in Peterborough which are all within travelling distance of you. My understanding is that you don't have to be entered at a show to have your dog measured there but you must go to the secretary's tent and fill out an entry form on the day just so that they know you are there. You will need a record book for your dogs measurement to be recorded in and she will have to measured again 12-24 months after the first measurement. You have left it a bit late really but hopefully you will find a session you can get her in to. The measurers usually have record books to sell but not always very many and you will need the registration details of your dog so that they can be recorded in the book but you have to fill out that information as the measurers are not allowed to. I have also PM'd you the details of an agility site where you can ask about measuring sessions as apparently I am not allowed to post it on here approved help only it seems

I take that back, I can't even PM it to you!

If you PM me your e-mail address then I will e-mail the information to you unless of course I am not allowed to even do that!
Helen&Lucy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-07-2006, 04:03 PM
Hi,

no i didnt see u run, but the beagles stuck out a bit!!!! i have a collie! lol you would never spot us in a million years! yes were entered for august both days x
Helen&Lucy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-08-2006, 08:01 PM
Hi Sarah!!!!!!!!!11

Just wanted to say it was lovely too meet u at long last...... i did have the trouble of finding you as there was more than two beagles at the show! I cheated i asked Naomi waht your name was!!! i would of felt a right idiot if u wasn't u!!! How did you get on? Are you back on Monday? We are done for now! We got 5 x Eliminations!!! go us and 2 clears both just missing out on being placed.... cant believe that happened twice!! It was lovely to havemeet you and your pack! Plus my trousers stayed clean today!!!!

Are you goign to Markfield next month? Want to drop us an e mail so we can chat that way? Let us know how your getting on and what shows your going too?

jakovallsilentnoon@yahoo.co.uk

Love H and Lucy x