View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-05-2013, 05:49 PM
We start pre-agility on Saturday, and Bailiie is only a small dog. We can't wait and have been trying to get some training in before we get there - Bailiie loves all the training so I think she'll really enjoy it. I made her some special training treats just for the agility training, how spoilt is she
Good luck for if and when you do start

Kanie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-05-2013, 11:49 AM
Small dogs are brilliant! I chose working trials for my heeler because it just suits him down to the ground!

How is the lovely Bailiie? We're having a get together for heelers in Blackpool this year, looking at Rally Obedience.
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Hi Kanie, sounds interesting.
We could be interested in that meet up; any idea of dates etc? Bailiie is doing really well thanks. She's lost a lot of weight since you last saw her, but she did get a bit too heavy really and does do much better for it. Looking forward to Saturday, that'll keep her fit!
We've had a go at rally obedience but its a while ago now and Bailiie's obedience skills are much improved since we last did it, possibly due to changing training schools
Hope Dill is good too.

IceCody
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-05-2013, 08:59 PM
What drew me to papillons originally was how great they are at agility and they are pretty small dogs.

I tried agility mith Leo but we still have a little way to go with his fear of everything before we can get into it.

I canīt wait for Destiny to be old enough to start training.

Here I donīt have access to any real trials but I can make equipment at home and train them though.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 06:43 AM
As everyone has said yes they can. Below is a picture of my JRT Milo that I done agility with. He was very fast and could out do many of the border collies. You can see the concentration and determination in his face.

Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
As everyone has said yes they can. Below is a picture of my JRT Milo that I done agility with. He was very fast and could out do many of the border collies. You can see the concentration and determination in his face.

I LOVE his little face! My dog lasqa (prt cross) wasn't the fastest but the most meticulous! And her little face was always full of concentration
Kanie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-06-2013, 08:06 AM
We're doing the Rally O day on June 24th (the day after the judging at Blackpool Show, so we can hopefully keep working on some of the show types to see the light!!!)

It's restricted to heelers only and all the places are booked now - but there is one person who isn't sure now, so I could put you down as 1st reserve! We've also got 1 spectator place left....Look on the Lancashire Heeler Club website.

If you ever want to come and do some tracking or other working trials stuff with me and Dill, just drop me a PM.

Absolutely brilliant seeing any tiddlers doing agility / trials / obedience.......we even have a Bichon x Shih Tzu working on the beating line on the shoot (although he has been re-named Shoeshine because he looks like a little mop bobbing along over the heather )
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-06-2013, 07:32 PM
Oh what a shame its a Monday; I'll not be able to get the day off and I'd have loved you to put me down but never mind. I hope you enjoy it and it goes well.
Thanks for the offer of doing stuff with you and Dill; I'm going to concentrate on the agility for now but who knows what may happen in the future???
Our first session went well this morning though I felt a bit like a cheat as I've been reading up and doing some homework prior to starting today
Some of the things we did this morning I've been practising with Bailiie all week so we had a basic idea; I thought other folk would have done that too but obviously not Can't wait to get started on the equipment, Bailiie loves training so I have high hopes.....

Kanie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2013, 08:50 AM
I bet you'll be top of the class!

There is a Heeler Agility group on [a social network], which is really good. There are some great clips of heelers doing agility; some from the USA!

It desperately needs more local people with proper heelers flying the flag for Lancashire

PS 'another site' is the one that takes up far too much time if you sign up and is full of people posting mindless trivia about their daily lives!
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2013, 07:33 PM
Not that we are competitive or anything but we'll try our best!
Yep, not a member of that other site, can't see the point really unless you have friends/family over the other side of the world but then what's wrong with email?? I'm too far behind the times.... I'm sure it's probably got its uses
I'll see what we can do about flying the flag for Lancashire

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >