Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-05-2012, 06:53 AM

Well well well!

We went to the KCAI conference this weekend, and had a go at agility, turns out Roxie is a bit of a natural. She got the hang of the jumps, tunnel and a frame all in 20 mins and I could run her through a sequence of jump/ tunnel/ jump/ aframe well, she even got the hang of stopping at the bottom of the A frame! So I think I need to get my backside in gear and get some agility traning done - she just loved it and threw herself into everything.

Does anyone have any good reccomendations for agility trainers/clubs around Guildford way?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2012, 09:32 AM
yey go roxy!
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by Pawsonboard View Post
We went to the KCAI conference this weekend, and had a go at agility, turns out Roxie is a bit of a natural. She got the hang of the jumps, tunnel and a frame all in 20 mins and I could run her through a sequence of jump/ tunnel/ jump/ aframe well, she even got the hang of stopping at the bottom of the A frame! So I think I need to get my backside in gear and get some agility traning done - she just loved it and threw herself into everything.

Does anyone have any good reccomendations for agility trainers/clubs around Guildford way?
East anglia SBTC have an agility team, they gave a demonstration at Crufts this year. I am sure the members must train at different clubs. Why don't you give them a shout as I am sure they would love an other member.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2012, 04:48 PM
http://www.eastangliansbtclub.co.uk/

Scroll down for the video at Crufts
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Billingshurst is a good club, not sure how far away from you...
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2012, 06:45 PM
I can't remember the name but my vet attends one in Chobham, sorry that's probably not very helpful
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2012, 06:45 PM
Good for Roxy!
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone

Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
East anglia SBTC have an agility team, they gave a demonstration at Crufts this year. I am sure the members must train at different clubs. Why don't you give them a shout as I am sure they would love an other member.

I saw these guys at discover dogs, think we need a bit more practice before were up to that standard. Though now you mention it one of the staffies in the team is Reah,the rescue I work with rehomed her to her lovely owner kerri. Its been fantastic seeing her do her stuff!