Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post

I wonder how relevant any 'winnings' or awards would be if more than half the would be entrants could not get there.
Relevant to whom? They will be just the same as if half the potential competitors chose to enter a different show. If you think you are in with a chance of winning a small class and you don't want to, it's up to you to make sure you don't, even if you knock over a jump yourself or just don't run in it.

I have to admit I was pleased when Gem moved up a grade after winning a class of 250 rather than the class of 50 the week before when she was second but both wins would have counted the same as far as progression up the grades is concerned. You still have to go clear and faster than everyone else, however many there are in the class and you can't always dictate the circumstances of your wins.

If the show I've entered on Monday is still on, it is a small show held as part of a county fair and there are only around 35 in Gem's class - still relevant, even if only ten of us turned up!
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
But it isn't just 'rain' that is causing the deaths. It is flooded rivers and fords and flash floods.

I wonder how relevant any 'winnings' or awards would be if more than half the would be entrants could not get there.

They've cancelled the Badminton Trials and other stuff too.
Yes but it's my decision whether I travel or not. I echo what pam said, you still have to get clear around the course to stand a chance of winning, and anyhow when I compete I see it as competing against the course and myself, I want to be able to negotiate the course and improve on my last performance, any wins or placings are a bonus.

Not all of us are so competitive that we just go for the wins... And it's not that often I win anyway! Lol!
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2012, 06:24 PM
See you at Dordale Pam - hoping to take my (new to me) caravan for its first outing *exciting* and can't wait to run my dogs again - with the exception of Tag & Bccgb i've done nothing since October !
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by hayleybella View Post
See you at Dordale Pam - hoping to take my (new to me) caravan for its first outing *exciting* and can't wait to run my dogs again - with the exception of Tag & Bccgb i've done nothing since October !
Oooh, look forward to it! I've only done TAG at Easter, apart from Rugby Christmas and I was judging. I'm not camping this weekend as I'm only 20 minutes away but plan to be there both days. I've pm'd my reg no and mobile no.
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Thanks Pam see you Saturday
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2