Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

31-03-2012, 08:30 PM

Well

im not going to be going back to that class again......
first lesson tonight
teacher had dogs offlead right from the start, cheech jumped of a dog walk half way (dont worry he was fine he climbs and falls from higher most days)
she shouted at him so he come to me and jumped up to lick me hand, its just what he does to check in with me if he is unsure and she had a go at me for letting him jump up, so i wasnt happy and cheech wont leave my side when she was around
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Oh dear! Sorry to hear wasn't a good experience.

We went to a really bad class where someone physically picked their dog up by the scruff of the neck and bum and threw it into the tunnel and everybody (including the trainer) laughed

The "helper" person waved her arms menacingly at Parker when he went near to "say hello" and he flattened his ears back and himself almost to the ground and he is not a nervous dog

I certainly would not go back there again either.
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-04-2012, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by marley123 View Post
im not going to be going back to that class again......
first lesson tonight
teacher had dogs offlead right from the start, cheech jumped of a dog walk half way (dont worry he was fine he climbs and falls from higher most days)
she shouted at him so he come to me and jumped up to lick me hand, its just what he does to check in with me if he is unsure and she had a go at me for letting him jump up, so i wasnt happy and cheech wont leave my side when she was around
Wouldn't go back either.

Lodger spends most of the run back to pick up the doglead after running a course bouncing off me.
He can be handshy and the trainer also spent sometime lying on the floor making a fuss of him in a manner that would have probably got him shouted at too.

1st Dog walk lesson for me they reduced the height so it was just off the floor - and on lead.

Should add as far as I'm concerned it's "Just for fun" - so if it wasn't fun, I wouldn't go.