Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2011, 08:30 PM

Private agility rental in London/Surrey

Does anyone know of a club in London or Surrey where you can rent access to the equipment privately? Given that winter is here, indoor would be best. My agility club can't offer 1:1 sessions and it's not a situation where I can let Cain off lead. I'd like to be able to rent somewhere so I can practise with him off lead in a safe environment without worrying about being disturbed by strangers or other dogs.
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2011, 08:57 PM
I used to go to an agility place in guildford, whilst I wouldn't recomend the teacher in particular (lovely lady but pushed kestral too hard) the venue was great, indoor riding stables. Could be worth dropping her an email to see if there is any private hire avaiable? This is not too useful, as I don't even know and might be a bit far too travel!

I would love to edit this to make it a bit less blabby and more useful but I'm on the phone so can't do much!
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Have you tried looking for local clubs and asking them? Or maybe look on the agilitynet site, don't know if they have an attached forum that's worth browsing. Can't find a website but Agilitynet lists "Laleham DTC" as a club and in their venue details it mentions about using a barn when its raining, so might be worth seeing if they own the barn or could arrange something with the owner.
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-11-2011, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by WhichPets View Post
I used to go to an agility place in guildford, whilst I wouldn't recomend the teacher in particular (lovely lady but pushed kestral too hard) the venue was great, indoor riding stables. Could be worth dropping her an email to see if there is any private hire avaiable? This is not too useful, as I don't even know and might be a bit far too travel!

I would love to edit this to make it a bit less blabby and more useful but I'm on the phone so can't do much!
Not with The Doghouse was it?

MM if guildford isnt too far for you pm me, ive got some contacts
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Put a message on Agility Net under "Desperately Seeking"

http://www.agilitynet.co.uk/active/d...lyseeking.html
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Yep that was it, they have equipment on site too.

She's so nice but it was quite chilled, and then she pushed kestral up the see saw which is perhaps not so bad for some dogs but kestral is so nervous it just freaked her out and I didn't want to do something in a way that didn't suit her, it's only a bit of fun!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Thanks all. No, guilford isn't too far as I could only afford it occasionally (maybe once a month max) so I don't mind travelling.

Do you know of people will hire out the equipment unsupervised? I don't want a 1:1 session as I don't really want him off lead around a dog trainer who he doesn't know, I'd rather have an empty hall with just us. Is this an unusual request? We've done agility training so I know how to do the equipment safely, contact points etc.
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-11-2011, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by WhichPets View Post
Yep that was it, they have equipment on site too.

She's so nice but it was quite chilled, and then she pushed kestral up the see saw which is perhaps not so bad for some dogs but kestral is so nervous it just freaked her out and I didn't want to do something in a way that didn't suit her, it's only a bit of fun!
I was going to take roxie to them untill the bloke was very nasty to a german shepard, now i wont have anything to do with them.
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2011, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Thanks all. No, guilford isn't too far as I could only afford it occasionally (maybe once a month max) so I don't mind travelling.

Do you know of people will hire out the equipment unsupervised? I don't want a 1:1 session as I don't really want him off lead around a dog trainer who he doesn't know, I'd rather have an empty hall with just us. Is this an unusual request? We've done agility training so I know how to do the equipment safely, contact points etc.
It would be worth an email to them - seeing as Cain is already confident with all the equipment it may be a possibility. I will PM you their email and number just in case you want to ask.
They have the equipment on site and only use it 2 nights a week as far as I know, its possible the stables use the menage on other nights, but always worth asking her or the stables.

Originally Posted by Pawsonboard View Post
I was going to take roxie to them untill the bloke was very nasty to a german shepard, now i wont have anything to do with them.
O really? When I went it was just a lady that runs it, she does a reactive dogs agility too which maybe has another trainer aswell.
Whilst it was good fun, there was no teaching of contact points etc, it as all very basic DIY type agility. I'm sure pushing other dogs (although not ideal) is probably not such a big deal as I am making it out to be, but Kestral is a nervous dog and agility was meant to be for fun and increased confidence, so pushing her up it and making Kestral scared just meant it wasnt the place to go for us.

Hope you find somewhere
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2011, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Put a message on Agility Net under "Desperately Seeking"

http://www.agilitynet.co.uk/active/d...lyseeking.html
I tried to do this but when I went to register it said something about not being able to create new accounts at this time

Would anyone who has an account please be able to post the question on the for me?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >