Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2011, 07:04 PM

Some Wins and a Bargain Buy!

Went to a local village show today where they were running a pedigree dog show and also a novelty one. Since our major failure at the dog show last weekend, and having noticed it was the same guy doing it, I decided not to enter too many classes with my lot.

Anyway, Flynn ended up winning Most Handsome Male, Jed and Jessie won Best Brace and Flynn and Jessie came 3rd in Best Unmatched Brace. We got small bags of poor quality dog food, chews that i'm sure will give them the squits but I love getting certificates and rosettes!

Anyway, there were couple of second hand book stalls. I wasnt really looking as i'd got the dogs but my Mum casually held a book aloft for me to look at and I promptly shouted "Dont put that down whatever you do, i'm having it!"

It was 'Give Your Dog a Bone' by Dr Ian Billinghurst for the princely sum of 25p!! I've looked at buying this book online but baulked at the price, even second hand. I also bought 'Think Dog!' by John Fisher, also 25p.

So, today has been a good day all round. The villagers seemed to be very dog friendly as we couldnt walk more than a few yards without somebody stopping us to stroke the dogs and I had so many people approach me about Flynn. I still cant get my head round my bargain buy!
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Wow, sounds like you have had a really great day! Well done to the dogs and to mum for finding the bargain!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Good for you.
There was a summer do in our town today, The Brixham Happenin' which I would have liked to have gone to but decided it was not a good idea on crutches This evening hubby tells me there was a fun dog show as well I definitely would have gone if I had known.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Nice one You definitely got a bargain there

Glad you had a lovely day x
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2011, 10:04 PM
Well done on the wins sounds like you had a great day