Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2009, 08:21 PM

Millies obedience progress thread....

show date is oct 17th....

heres a vid from tonight

remember we havent trained properly for 6+ months oops...

so big ask to get millies attention

i know im rubbish - i paid no attention to my feet....all attention was on the dog...

pointers please!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvmS91WmeAk
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2009, 09:25 PM
havnt watched the whole clip yet but thought best tell you you have the wrong date at the start-its august not september!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2009, 08:38 AM
argh nooo lol haha
will change it later thanks hehe

im sooo blonde sometimes
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2009, 11:51 AM
*bump*

no-one ???

not expecting good comments..... lol
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Dont Be scared, she is LOVELY!!!! Raw yes, easily Distracted yes, but TONS of potential, Im sure you could get her ready in two months no probs.

Firstly ALWAYS start on the lead for now, that way you can start as you mean to go on !

you do alot of left handed work, which is quite hard, Start off on a large Righthanded Circle, Remeber your abouts should be Right abouts not left abouts

I also want you faster!!!! Work on position Statically & on one or two steps, nice & slow, But no more than that,

Always feeed in postion, so your hand is not moving off your leg to feed her, & with this dog i would always feed High.

You have the right ideas, i really like your set up for HW, really nice. Sometimes just set her up, let her hold postion for a few seconds then feed, without moving, Then build up to a side step or about turn.

Without Sound its hard to know what you are saying, try to add in some key words etc.

So give a word to her head position. My command is "heady on/ watch"

& close is "close" or in!!

Really good for a first time, Can we have a update in a few days, or at least by end of week?
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Dont Be scared, she is LOVELY!!!! Raw yes, easily Distracted yes, but TONS of potential, Im sure you could get her ready in two months no probs.

Firstly ALWAYS start on the lead for now, that way you can start as you mean to go on !

you do alot of left handed work, which is quite hard, Start off on a large Righthanded Circle, Remeber your abouts should be Right abouts not left abouts

I also want you faster!!!! Work on position Statically & on one or two steps, nice & slow, But no more than that,

Always feeed in postion, so your hand is not moving off your leg to feed her, & with this dog i would always feed High.

You have the right ideas, i really like your set up for HW, really nice. Sometimes just set her up, let her hold postion for a few seconds then feed, without moving, Then build up to a side step or about turn.

Without Sound its hard to know what you are saying, try to add in some key words etc.

So give a word to her head position. My command is "heady on/ watch"

& close is "close" or in!!

Really good for a first time, Can we have a update in a few days, or at least by end of week?

thank you soooooooo much for spending the time watching and advising me

although my face admitidly dosent look happy i am forever encouraging her - "close" "good girl" etc...

i will do regular vids - one definately by the end of the week - as it happens i did some little recalls tonight and her bum was straigh everytime.... i was guiding her in and not leaning over her i also use my leg at an angle to stop her bum drifting out

the speed in hw.... problem is our garden is very small so i may just ventrure onto the field as soon as i can - as of next monday i am hopefully jobless so i am spending every day - still 10/15 mins twice a day but i can go more places and train in more open spaces etc.... which i think would do us both good...?

ive also tonight been working on her targetting my hand - nose to target = treat... we did this a year or more ago at training and i forgot about it lol! then it came back to me tonight and she picked it up well too!!

have to admit shes a fab little dog and really willing to learn - my target for this first show is she dosent run away and is settled.....im not going to win - just give her a taster and im sure she'll like it

thank you again for your pointers and ive taken it all on board and will get another vid done when i can