Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
In the end I decided on a double sided brass tag with black filled engraving with three mobile phone numbers, home postcode and phone number, vet's postcode and phone number and microchipped and spayed. Oh, and vets fees will be payed.

They are still going strong to this day. Both the dogs AND the tags!
Again without YOUR name and house name/number this tag is not legally compliant.
walkiespetcare
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Well you learn something new everyday! I did not know you had to have so much infomation on the tags!

I have two toy poodles, so the tags are tiny, how will it all fit on!!!! lol.

But seriously, I am also a dog walker, and a few of my dogs dont even have a tag on their collar! (I put my own tags on with my mobile number on newdogs)

I have told the owners it is illegal not to have a tag on, but didnt realise about all the extra info. Will let them know, but doubt most will do anything about it.
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-06-2011, 07:23 AM
My dogs have, My name, the address, the phone number and over here we dont have to have them. But I think the most important thing on there is the phone number then if you dog should go missing then when found they only have to give you a ring.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2011, 10:01 AM
Mine have their name, microchipped and my mobile number and yes I know it doesn't comply with the law!!
Becky
2Greys
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-06-2011, 10:20 AM
I bought a tag from P@H for my new dog the other day and was bit annoyed that i could barely fit the legal required info on let alone anything else and it wasn't even a small tag.

I had to go with just my initial.surname, house number & postcode, mobile number. I'd of preferred full address & an alternate phone number to make it easier for finder to return the dog. My Dog is tattooed at least and will be getting her chipped soon.
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2011, 10:29 AM
Jintys tag currently has:

My surname, my full address and postcode and two mobile numbers.

Not her name.

Am considering getting a vet one and adding 'i'm spayed' when shes been done.

She has such an unusual name, I doubt anyone could guess it.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-06-2011, 10:42 AM
When we get hound number 2 they do a tag where they have the rescue phone number on one side and recommend (quite strongly) just our phone number on the other side.

I don't 100% like that, I KNOW we need more information on so I'll probably end up getting an additional tag done (well I actually know we've got a spare one lying around whenever I find it) with the same stuff Layton's has on: Our surname (could look like the dog's name to an outsider as we've got one of those surnames that can also be a first name dealie), street and house number and postcode and home/my mobile number (pointless having hubby's since he never takes the berlumming thing with him)... and yes, we managed to get all of that onto one side of a PaH tag which was quite an impressive achievement!

I don't like having the dog's actual name on a tag - I'm not making it easy if someone tries to dognap them (although Layton will in general answer to anything going if there's food on the other end of it for him)
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Again without YOUR name and house name/number this tag is not legally compliant.
I know. And I don't intend on putting names on them either.
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2011, 01:35 PM
We put our Surname, mobile number and postcode on ours.

Heidi
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by Fliggle View Post
We put our Surname, mobile number and postcode on ours.

Heidi
Another tag which is not legally compliant.I wonder why everyone is happy to break the law in this instance?
Page 6 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »