Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2006, 07:35 AM

Failed Bronze Award

had a go at the kennel club bronze award and failed . blackie only failed on his stay and i was very proud of him as we have never been to puppy classes and it is just what i and o/h have taught him ourselves. want to have another go so will have to find a show where they are going to test doggies.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-05-2006, 07:43 AM
Not to worry. Probably a bit disappointing for you but Blackie did his best - and you went home with the top dog anyway. Plenty more opportunities.

I shall let you into a secret We trialled yesterday (CDX level). The Lady was sitting on a very good pass ... until she decided to do a 5 minute out-of-sight stand-stay instead of the required drop-stay
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2006, 08:03 AM
Well Done for having a go at the Kennel Club Good Citizens Bronze Award. I am sorry to hear that you didn't pass.

Hope you don't have to wait too long to find a show where you can take the test again. Taking the test at show is much harder than taking the test after having a few classes at a club.

I wish you the very best success in the Award for the future.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2006, 09:15 AM
Well done for trying
Dee1974
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-05-2006, 09:27 AM
There is no such thing as a fail in the GSDS Awards only a not YET ready! (I know as I judge some of the tests) from what you have said Blackie was very very close and a lot of dogs seem to struggle with that 1 min down stay in Bronze. Keep practicing that and he will sail through it.

Whereabouts in the country are you? (pm me if you'd rather) as I judge the tests every six weeks for local clubs and people.
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2006, 09:30 AM
Well Done for trying xx
Molly2606
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2006, 09:51 AM
Well done for trying if he only failed on his stay then he did brilliant
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2006, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by Molly2606
Well done for trying if he only failed on his stay then he did brilliant
i agree
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2006, 09:12 AM
Awww well well done Blackie anyway x
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2006, 09:17 AM
Well done for trying.... sometimes even the most trainable dog will fail if it hasn't worked in the enivroment the test is in. The puppy classes I go to are terrible, and you can't possibly learn anything in this environment. However I train at home, so my pup knows what I am asking, and then do it in the class, with all the noise and mayhem. This means that she is used to 'working' in places with high distraction, so even better for me when out in the park etc with lots of dogs running about, as she is so used to it.

Maybe go to a few noisey puppy classes, just to back up what you have done with her already, so that in the next test she will breeze through...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >