Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
becktrek
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-03-2006, 11:22 AM

1st Obedience test

Well wish us luck, Tayla has her first obedience test on Sunday. I'm so nervous! We have struggled a bit in the class but the instructor assures me she will be fine. And I must admit she had been better this week. Her biggest downfall is that she would rather be playing! So, I will let you know what the outcome is.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Good luck Relax, have confidence in yourself and your dog, and above all enjoy!
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2006, 11:33 AM
Ooh good luck

We have our obedience test on 2. of april

Cant wait to hear how it goes

Paws crossed from here

Viel glück (hope the spelling's right, havent written or spoken german since I was 16 )
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2006, 05:04 PM
good luck!!! Just relax and enjoy it - its a great way to spend time with your dog xx
becktrek
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-03-2006, 01:43 PM
WELL WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And everyone in our class applauded Tayla! I'm so pleased that she did well.

I bribed Tayla with some hund wurst (dog sausage made at our local butchers) so she did well on her heel. We had to walk about 25 steps then turn around and run at a heel and then slow down and then back to normal heel. Well I forgot to do the fast and slow heel! But they let me do it over. We then had to walk and turn right and then right again, turn around then turn left and left again. Then the moment I was dreading, the sit/stay, I had to walk about 15 steps away, turn around and wait for the signal to go back to her, the whole time she was to sit/stay. then walk/heal and put her in a down/stay and do the same thing. She was great!! And when it was the other dog's turn she had to stay in a down/stay through theirs. No prolbems!
I'm so glad that is over. And we got a certificate to prove it.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by becktrek
WELL WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And everyone in our class applauded Tayla! I'm so pleased that she did well.

I bribed Tayla with some hund wurst (dog sausage made at our local butchers) so she did well on her heel. We had to walk about 25 steps then turn around and run at a heel and then slow down and then back to normal heel. Well I forgot to do the fast and slow heel! But they let me do it over. We then had to walk and turn right and then right again, turn around then turn left and left again. Then the moment I was dreading, the sit/stay, I had to walk about 15 steps away, turn around and wait for the signal to go back to her, the whole time she was to sit/stay. then walk/heal and put her in a down/stay and do the same thing. She was great!! And when it was the other dog's turn she had to stay in a down/stay through theirs. No prolbems!
I'm so glad that is over. And we got a certificate to prove it.
That sounds a lot like what we are doing here in Denmark

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

Very well done both of you
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 03:24 PM
WELL DONE YOU!!!

thats fab - what a star
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-03-2006, 01:13 AM
Congratulations and very well done to you both
becktrek
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-03-2006, 06:57 PM
Bellaluna,
We also had to have our dogs walk in a heal in a crowd of people and not jump at them or be aggressive. We then had to have them crowd in around us as she sat then I had to shake the trainer's hand without her jumping up, well it took us three attempts but she got there in the end. We then had to do a few agility things, small hurdles, etc. She just went to fast on them. Do you have to do all the above mentioned as well?
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2006, 07:47 PM
No that we dont have.. We have a jump/jump back, fieldsearch and "rundér":

Rundér is where I send the dog out to a person.. She's supposed to sit infront and bark.

I guess we have the above instead of what you do