View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-10-2008, 11:08 PM
yep we need to bring back, ( nurse nora the nit explorer) lol. my gransons school has had an outbreak of worms. he was horrified to think that big garden worms were coming out of his bottom. he was relieved after we explained what they are.
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2008, 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by lynnb View Post
yep we need to bring back, ( nurse nora the nit explorer) lol. my gransons school has had an outbreak of worms. he was horrified to think that big garden worms were coming out of his bottom. he was relieved after we explained what they are.
nits i can cope with, worms would have to be hubbies job
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-10-2008, 11:27 PM
i must admit there does seem to be more nits these days. when i was at school it didn't seem to be as big a problem as it is now. but we had the nit nurse. i wonder if she scared them away. she scared me!!!!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2008, 05:57 AM
They seem to be rife this year...... it's difficult to actually avoid the little smeggers!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2008, 10:07 AM
I bet she'll be even less happy when she finds out you've declared it on the World Wide Web!!!

Poor Liz, I hated headlice as a kid - thankfully we very rarely got them but we still got checked on a very regular basis - all very well but I had bottom-length THICK hair it used to take hours!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2008, 11:01 AM
Her hair is quite thick,but only shouder length now,I cut about two inches off it yesterday.
Even so she still hates having to be debugged lol
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-09-2012, 11:44 PM
why is it as soon as someone says nits you eant to scratch.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2012, 06:08 AM
I used to get them a lot as a kid.

Even worse I used to have long, thick hair, and one of the worse times I had nits my hair got cut all the way to my chin.... I cried for days and had a hate for people with scissors near my hair for years
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-09-2012, 06:24 AM
A little girl I was fostering a few years ago had them. The nurse at the clinic recommended washing her hair and using loads of conditioner to make the hair slippery, and going through thoroughly with a flea/nit comb. She reckoned that the product they normally recommended had stopped working as the lice had built up a resistance (bit like fleas and frontline!)
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2012, 09:43 AM
My hairdresser friend also recommends the nit comb and leaving the conditioner on (don`t rinse off). The lice can`t get a grip on slippery hair so the child is less likely to pick them up.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >