View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

02-11-2012, 07:06 PM

How soon can you eat after having a tooth out?

I'm starving

My info pack just says eat soft food but doesn't say when

Also, this is probably a daft question, but am I allowed to have a lie down or should I remain upright to aid healing?
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
I'm starving

Also, this is probably a daft question, but am I allowed to have a lie down or should I remain upright to aid healing?

I would say you can eat when its stopped bleeding, just be careful no food goes into the gap. As for the lie down if its still oozing abit put a towel over the pillow so it doesn't stain. Last time i had a tooth out i ate a chinese curry and rice lol i just ate on the good side.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Its been a while but I think my dentist said as soon as you have enough feeling back in that side that you are not going to eat your own cheek
Azz
Administrator
Male 

02-11-2012, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by lynnb View Post
I would say you can eat when its stopped bleeding, just be careful no food goes into the gap. As for the lie down if its still oozing abit put a towel over the pillow so it doesn't stain. Last time i had a tooth out i ate a chinese curry and rice lol i just ate on the good side.
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Its been a while but I think my dentist said as soon as you have enough feeling back in that side that you are not going to eat your own cheek
Thank's both - I think I'll have some yoghurt for now it's not numb anymore and I don't think it's bleeding as I'm not getting a build of up saliva like I was earlier.

Gonna have to eat something cos I'm famished!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by lynnb View Post
A lady after my own heart
As soon as I have feeling back I have something to eat if I need it (which I always do!)
Just be careful that food/drinks aren't too hot. If your mouth is a bit numb then you could burn your mouth.
Hope it will all feel better tomorrow.
Duck
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-11-2012, 07:49 PM
when i had my top 2 wisdom teeth out last year and had stitches i waited a couple of hours and lived off soup for a few days when i did try more solid foods i had to make sure i didnt eat at the very back of my mouth.
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-11-2012, 07:56 PM
if it gets really bad (bleeding wise) hold a teaspoon of sugar in your mouth... it stops.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-11-2012, 07:56 PM
My sister had all her teeth out and went home and ate her dinner .
Azz forget yogurt and get yourself a big plate of stew and dumplings that will make you feel better
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

02-11-2012, 08:00 PM
I'm starving

If you are hungry , eat..... Soup, or soft food, if you want to lie down, do so, got to ask , why would staying upright aid healing That's a new one on me
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

02-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Thank's both - I think I'll have some yoghurt for now it's not numb anymore and I don't think it's bleeding as I'm not getting a build of up saliva like I was earlier.

Gonna have to eat something cos I'm famished!
Pasta, eggs, soup, just not to hot and eat on good side
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >