View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2012, 06:30 PM
I got my bloods results back today, I am on 150mcgs of levothyroxine for the past 13yrs and my B12 needs to be retested as it was low.

My symptoms are tiredness (almost like someone has pulled the plug out the wall!) digestive problems, they tested me for coeliac as it was similar but that came back clear, coldness, brain fog, concentration issues, memory loss ..all sorts...it goes on and on....

So we shall see but definatley get tested for B12..xxx
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
I got my bloods results back today, I am on 150mcgs of levothyroxine for the past 13yrs and my B12 needs to be retested as it was low.

My symptoms are tiredness (almost like someone has pulled the plug out the wall!) digestive problems, they tested me for coeliac as it was similar but that came back clear, coldness, brain fog, concentration issues, memory loss ..all sorts...it goes on and on....

So we shall see but definatley get tested for B12..xxx
Crikey, that could be me writing this quote! I've been telling myself I'm becoming a hypochondriac! By chance I've got some B12 from H&B in the cupboard, says take 2 per day so I'll see how it goes.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2012, 02:59 PM
I don't think B12 is absorbed very well orally which is why the Jarrows ones are sublingual (you let them dissolve under your tongue). Or perhaps it's just because B12 deficiencies are often to do with digestive problems causing the body to not absorb enough in the first place Either way, could definately be worth a doctors trip for some blood tests.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-10-2012, 08:00 PM
Good point, thanks.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-10-2012, 08:17 PM
I wonder if the my Gp's nurse can ok a B12 test ...Iwill ask her ,if i remember and not get side tracked ..lol
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-10-2012, 01:51 PM
So Blood tests done and results show a tsh level of 6.8 so have been called back to see the doc....
Hopefully for a higher dose of thyroxine ...
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-10-2012, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
My symptoms are tiredness (almost like someone has pulled the plug out the wall!)] digestive problems, they tested me for coeliac as it was similar but that came back clear, coldness, brain fog, concentration issues, memory loss ..all sorts...it goes on and on....
I could have written that myself Alex. My blood results have just come back as 'borderline for hypothyroid' but I don't have all the symptoms.

I am taking lots of steroids at the moment both inhaled and nasal for chest problems which may not be helping the situation . I am also waiting for the results for Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency (lungs) . I am sick of Drs at the moment.

I was trying to describe the tiredness to someone the other day and it really is like someone pulls the plug and I just have to sit down. Some days I just can't think clearly and tasks I one performed automatically now have to be checked on first. I stand looking at things like an idiot thinking 'how does this work'.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-10-2012, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
I could have written that myself Alex. My blood results have just come back as 'borderline for hypothyroid' but I don't have all the symptoms.

I am taking lots of steroids at the moment both inhaled and nasal for chest problems which may not be helping the situation . I am also waiting for the results for Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency (lungs) . I am sick of Drs at the moment.

I was trying to describe the tiredness to someone the other day and it really is like someone pulls the plug and I just have to sit down. Some days I just can't think clearly and tasks I one performed automatically now have to be checked on first. I stand looking at things like an idiot thinking 'how does this work'.

I have not read a book in months because i cant concentrate that long
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2