Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2011, 03:21 PM

Healthy snacks

I'm on a mission to lose some weight before my wedding (it's not til November so I have plenty of time!).

I've already stopped any mid week drinking as alcohol is not good for you and now I'm trying to cut down on snacks. General meal times are ok as we've always eaten fairly healthily when it comes to that.

My biggest downfall is crisps and biscuits and will often snack on these morning and afternoon at work to fill a gap before meal times.

So what can I eat as a healthy snack instead of the crisps/biscuits. I've got the obvious of fruit on my list and will also be doing the whole special K thing for lunch but what else is there.

It needs to be something easy that doesn't require preparing as I'll be at work. All suggestions welcome, this is the first time in my life I've ever been on a diet so I'm new to it all!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2011, 03:41 PM
Do you need to snack?
OH has decided to diet (He needs to loose quite a few stone), so we just don't have anything to snack on in the house apart from fruit!

He's actually found it quite easy, not wanted anything, and hasn't asked me to buy anything when i've nipped to the shop!

I just make sure we fill up on 'proper' food at meal times, and have lots of veg!
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2011, 03:46 PM
I have been on a diet a week now after losing a stone in after summer last year. Good snacking food are rice cakes (snack a jacks as lovely) or if you like crips then go for things like wootists as they are backed and only 100kcals. Popping you own popcorn is low fat low kcal and good to snack on as well.

I have a treat of a cake bar for my morning snack (100 kcals again)and a apple and grape snack pack for my afternoon snack. I get them from ASDA.
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2011, 04:04 PM
ryvita with philly spread! yummm
Vodkalass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-01-2011, 04:13 PM
Walkers french fries only 84 cals
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2011, 04:14 PM
Snack a jacks(flavoured rice cakes)
Go ahead biscuits( 3 in a sealed packet so can't go back for more)
any of the weight watcher range of snacks.....
popcorn(plain)
drink lots of water before having a snack......
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2011, 04:51 PM
Brill, thanks guys! That's added a few more things to my shopping list!

Hev - if I'm busy enough at work I can get away without snacking but it when the boredom kicks in. I'm also awful for snacking at home. I really need to get into the habit of having breakfast before I come to work but I never feel like eating first thing!
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2011, 05:08 PM
I am not a big eater first thing so to help with my diet i have one of those ceral bars once i am in work. its about 150 kcals and get the system started without making me feel ill. also gives me an extra few kcals for a low kcal hot chocolate at break time.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
Brill, thanks guys! That's added a few more things to my shopping list!

Hev - if I'm busy enough at work I can get away without snacking but it when the boredom kicks in. I'm also awful for snacking at home. I really need to get into the habit of having breakfast before I come to work but I never feel like eating first thing!
Boredom is our problem too - I think thats why OH eats so much - cos we're both stuck at home all day every day!

But getting rid of ALL the crap (chocolate/crisps) etc has really helped! There isn't even any for me to eat - and im trying to put weight on, not loose it!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

11-01-2011, 07:59 PM
FRUIT! I buy a tonne of fruit a week. Stick to Apples, berries - anything that isn't too sweet (sugar makes you crave sugar).

If you have carbs, rice cakes, rye bread etc.

Good luck!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >