Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SarahJ
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-10-2007, 08:31 PM

Putting sky on another tv?

I have decided to treat myself with the dark nights coming in to a tv in my bedroom, so i can come home from work walk the dogs have a HOT bath and get in bed...

We have sky downstairs and i had a look in Argos and there is a link thingy for another tv in the house but it says additional coaxical cable required? huh?

Has anyone done this??
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2007, 08:36 PM
I bought a little gadget called a Digisender, from Argos, you plug it into the scart point on the back of your tv or sky box, plug the other bit into any other tv and it sends sky, cable, dvd to that tv. You can even use your remote controls in the other rooms
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-10-2007, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by Het View Post
I bought a little gadget called a Digisender, from Argos, you plug it into the scart point on the back of your tv or sky box, plug the other bit into any other tv and it sends sky, cable, dvd to that tv. You can even use your remote controls in the other rooms
I have one of these too and I bought an extra Sky remote control off ebay for about £13.
SarahJ
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-10-2007, 08:43 PM
Thanks i just had a look and in argos the cheapest was £50? combined with the price of a new tv its a bit much to spend the sky link thingy is only £14.99..

(i'm supposed to be painting my daughters room this weekend too so i would feel utterly selfish spending that much on myself)
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2007, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by SarahJ View Post
Thanks i just had a look and in argos the cheapest was £50? combined with the price of a new tv its a bit much to spend the sky link thingy is only £14.99..

(i'm supposed to be painting my daughters room this weekend too so i would feel utterly selfish spending that much on myself)
I just had a look myself and was surprised, I only paid £35.99 for mine, I can't belive the price has gone up like that

edit: this is the same as the one I got
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=130166750872
SarahJ
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-10-2007, 09:04 PM
Oooh thanks Het it does look alot easier what the heck i may as well treat myself!! as a early xmas prezzie...
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2007, 10:43 PM
The magic eye is great if you want to watch the same channel as downstairs. I bought a cheap sky box and got sky multi room. Yes, it's an extra tenner a month on top of your standard subscription but at least there's no restrictions as to what you watch.

We ran a magic eye from the box in the bedroom to the tv in the kids room. Saved a lot of tantrums from the kids, until a Sunday morning when the OH wants to watch some TV in bed
SarahJ
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2007, 05:57 PM
I bought a cheaper version i am dumb sometimes didnt think to look for a different model... It was only £29.99 and guess what IT WORKS!!! its fab!!!!! Thanks ever so much Het whooohooooo i can come home from work have a bath and relax in bed i even treated myself to a lovely new set of bedding and some candles haha as hubby is on nights next week talk about BLISS!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2007, 06:32 PM
Go onto The Digibox Shop online and you can buy what's called a magic eye for £10! You also get a new remote control with it!It's easy, peasy, just plug it into your 2nd tv and it picks up your sky signal, couldn't be simpler! Alternatively you can go the whole hog like we have and have a multi-way connector on the dish and have it in every room! The magic eye works a treat, I've got it in the kitchen.
SarahJ
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2007, 06:50 PM
Cheers helena god isnt technology wonderful!!! once my daughter sees it she will want one...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >