Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 06:26 PM

Finally got around to planting seeds

Hi all,
Done it at last not anything major,but i love flowers in the garden in pots so the dog can't destroy them,or kill them by peeing up them.
I have planted some marigolds i love them and they are so easy,gernanium's,morning glory and some pansy's,still got some more to do but can't do them till next month.
Sal
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 07:34 PM
aww thats good on you i love this time of year when it comes to planting seeds i planted my broad bean seads today
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 07:44 PM
OK Nurd alert!!!!! Where have you planted the seeds - in a greenhouse or outside? sorry, but the nearest I have gotten to 'seeding' is to scatter wild flower seeds on the front garden for the birds
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-03-2006, 07:46 PM
I get so excited about planting seeds. I've started off a few early ones this week - morning glories (Grandpa Otts - beautiful!), basil, parsley and some verbenas. I've got about another 25 packets still to sow but will wait till it gets warmer beacuse they're all for sowing outside. I've tried to get a few different things this year but I've still got my favourites I do every year: california poppies, night-scented stocks, english poppies, cornflowers, nigella, nicotinias, alyssums, nastursiums and sunflowers (for the birds).

At this time of year my living room gets turned into a greenhouse because it gets most light and I haven't got a proper greenhouse (yet - watch this space though). My dining table gradually gets taken over with seed-trays and I have to eat in the kitchen until May when I plant things on in the garden.
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-03-2006, 07:50 PM
Forgot to say I go round every morning and check all the seed trays to see if any are showing yet. I get very excited when they start to poke out of the soil for the first time, and watch every millimetre of progress like a proud mother!

I guess I'm a nerd too then!
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by minda
Forgot to say I go round every morning and check all the seed trays to see if any are showing yet. I get very excited when they start to poke out of the soil for the first time, and watch every millimetre of progress like a proud mother!

I guess I'm a nerd too then!
Not at all Minda - I meant I'm the nerd for not knowing about planting seeds, that's why I asked the question about where Sal and Jen were planting them Please don't take my comments the wrong way
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 08:06 PM
aww sorry ashlady was busy i plant the broad bean seeds in trays or pot noodle cartons once they are up about 6inches they are transplanted out into garden i do the same for me runner beans as well my cabbage plants are out already and are coming on a treat
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by bluemerle lover
aww sorry ashlady was busy i plant the broad bean seeds in trays or pot noodle cartons once they are up about 6inches they are transplanted out into garden i do the same for me runner beans as well my cabbage plants are out already and are coming on a treat
Would I be able to grow veggies in tubs Jen? I would love to have a go but really have no clue at all, I think Charlie would get a kick out of seeing her own food growing in our back garden
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-03-2006, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by Ashlady
Not at all Minda - I meant I'm the nerd for not knowing about planting seeds, that's why I asked the question about where Sal and Jen were planting them Please don't take my comments the wrong way
I wasn't in the slightest bit offended!

I am a nerd though, but happy to be one!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 08:13 PM
yes you can grow any veg in tubs i grew runner beans one year in mine and they were fantastic you can grow cabbages cauliflowers peppers tomatoes just make sure they got drainage holes in the bottom and your well away also you can grow strawberries in pots
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >