Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2008, 04:02 PM

Tracking?

Does anyone know if there are any scent tracking clubs in South Yorkshire?

I'd really love to get something going in Sheffield if there isn't one already but I'm not really knowledgable enough to train it alone so would have to look for someone to start it with me if it needs starting.

Anyone got any advice? Thanks!

I'm actually looking at tracking human scent (finding owners, sort of thing) but open to anything!
Pebs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-09-2008, 05:30 PM
Hi Lottie,

I have a three year old German Shortaired Pointer, and we have joined the Berkshire Search And Rescue Club.

You have to do a minimum of 4 weeks probationary period, before you can continue. Then you have your first accessment,which you have to pass before you can become a full Member. We had our accessment last week and PASSED!

Pebbles has to air scent a person who is out of sight and she loves it!!

If you look up this link below you'll find the berkshire search and rescue dogs link page. which will show you other associations around the country.

http://www.k9-sar.com/links.php

Good luck and let me know how you get on., and I will let you know how our training is going.

Pebs:
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2008, 10:10 PM
Oh wow! Thanks hun, is that for her to become an actual search and rescue dog? I wanted to do it with my 3 year old but the ones I looked at said they had to be under 2
batmandy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-09-2008, 11:00 AM
Hi lottie.
your dogs can start to train in Search and Rescue at any age, i also belong to berkshire Search and Rescue, i have been there since jan, it`s great fun some of our dogs have started at 6 years so go have a go , If you need more info on where clubs are near you just let ne know and i will see if i can help. Mandy