View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AiredaleKate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Thanks MeganCollies. I feel happier now. Like you say, she should judge on the dogs she sees before her unbiased, and I honestly don't mind where we get placed as pup and I are just enjoying ourselves and if we do well, it's just an added bonus.
AiredaleKate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Thanks all for your input, much appreciated!

Now I just need to decide which class(es) to enter! She'll be 12 months and a week, so will be the baby of the junior class, which probably means she'll look a little weed compared to the others and be placed last anyway
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2008, 02:36 PM
To be honest if in my breed you did not show under people you knew or people who had bred a dog closely related to your exhibit we would not be showing at all.

A popular breeder makes a dent in the entry anyway if you did not show under them because they bred one of your dogs parents they would be hard put to draw an entry at all and in all probability would not find in that entry anything they really liked.

LOL one can imaging the judge withholding from everything, smiling sweetly and leaving the ring.

Enter and enjoy you are not doing anything wrong nor anything unethical.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by AiredaleKate View Post
Well I do "know" the judge, in as much as, like I said, it's numerically small breed as far as numbers being shown and everyone knows everyone else, but I have never actually chatted to her etc.
given that shes not the breeder, I would go ahead and show her, even in larger numbered breeds such as rotties you will find everyone knows everyone, and most judges that own the breed will have a dog that your line comes from, its just the way it is ,, good luck and get that entry in gall x
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2008, 05:13 PM
It is not against the rules and unless you have a very close friendship wth this person you would be mad not to enter.

If you show long enough especially in a numericaly small breed you would never have any entries if people did not show under someone they knew or bred a dogin its pedigree.
Leema
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-07-2008, 01:54 AM
I'd go for it. In 'unpopular' breeds, I imagine it'd be very hard to find a judge that hadn't bred SOMETHING related to your dog somewhere.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2008, 10:13 AM
I'd certainly go for it. Even in a numerically large breed everyone knows the top breeders & its fine. When I was fairly new to showing, I once didn't go under someone in similar circumstances & they took offence because they felt it meant I didn't think they'd judge fairly.
perrodeagua
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-07-2008, 07:14 PM
You have no worries at all. Have a great time.
Thalice
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-07-2008, 12:21 AM
Hi there Kate

It is perfectly acceptable to show your puppy under this judge = in fact it is a must as she is probably going to like your puppy.

You can only not show a dog under his/her breeder. Just imagine if a prolific breeder was not allowed to judge any dog which bred back to their lines - they might never get any dogs to judge !!

We have one male dog in our breed who went BIS at Crufts and was a well used stud dog and you would be hard pressed to find any dog in our breed who's pedigree he doesnt feature in, so his owner would never attract any entries when she judges !

Please go, enjoy yourself and good luck

Thalice-Malice
Great great grand daughter of above dog !
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2008, 11:54 AM
Go for it hun. As others have said you'll find a lot of people there who know her.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2