Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AiredaleKate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-06-2008, 03:32 PM

Judge's critiques

Hi,

How long at a maximum can it be before critiques are published in the dog papers?

If there are some critiques for a show in say Our Dogs, is it likely all critiques for that show will be in that same paper, or might some be in Dog World?

We have entered a few shows now and been placed 1st and 2nd, but I haven't seen any critiques yet (I have online sub to Our Dogs only). I want to have a read of what the judges thought!
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 04:01 PM
At this time of year it can be anything upto a couple of months as champ shows seem to be given priority. i would give it at least a good month, then call the papers and check to see if they have received them. If they have they'll give an idea of when they're going in and i've been emailed my critique by them as well. If they haven't then call the secretary of the club and ask and they can chase it up for you. Find out if it is in their contract to submit a critique. Champ shows are all in the judges contract that they have to submit critiques and I think breed shows. General open shows though, if they don't have it in their contract, then judges don't have to submit a critique if they don't want to. If it's in the contract then you can take it all the way to the KC and lodge a complaint.
Critiques are slow at the mo. I for instance judged in April, sent my critiques in three weeks later by email and they've still not be printed, so I'm going to chase them up myself. It's not always the jduges fault
Hope that makes sense and helps

Also you don't have to submit to both papers, only one, so if you only get Our Dogs, they could have gone to Dogworld and been printed already and never be printed in Our Dogs. Just call the Dogworld office and they'll be able to tell you.
That's why I always submit to both as I realise some exhibitors only get one paper. Let us know the date of the show, the name of the show, and the dogs name and I can check my papers for you.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 04:19 PM
All a bit hit and miss I'm afraid - can take ages but sadly though some don't ever appear

Sometimes the delay isn't the judge though as Karen said the papers are sloooooooow printing them!

Several times we have had a great result and waited and waited and waited and never appeared!

This week some appeared in both at the same time - another report had the bitches report in one - both bitches and dogs in the other and as from a husband and wife team would have been submitted to both together! So why only the bitches appeared in one I have no idea!

Very frustrating sometimes!
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 05:18 PM
I judged a show nearly a month ago, submitted my critiques a few days after and they've still not been published so it could well be that the papers are just taking their time
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 06:04 PM
I've read Critiques which were from a show 9 months previous, so it's a bit random.

The papers have delays because of Crufts and Champ shows, and some Judges are hopeless at sending them in at all !!

The very first 2 shows I entered with my Bitch (2006/2007) she received two 1sts and I don't think the critiques were ever submitted, (I followed the papers for months) , which is frustrating and annoying, after I pay that Judge to critique my dog, and they should have, but Judges only get fined if they don't submit critiques from Champ shows, they are not obliged to submit from open shows !

You can now check Dog World online too !
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Can't say anymore than has already been said, I have never seen a critique of Maddys and she got a few places at open shows including bpib but it was never printed (that I saw anyway as I only get DW).
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 09:29 PM
It's a pain. Due to the complaints about critiques. More and more open show clubs are putting it in the judges contract so the same rules apply in these cases as champ shows as you've signed a contract agreeing to it.
However even when I've not had in my contract I've sent them in, I reckon if exhibitors are kind enough to give me an entry the least I can do is write a few words about their dogs
perrypooh
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-06-2008, 10:31 PM
Its really frustrating isn't it? We are still waiting on one and a fellow exhibitor has rang the judge to ask when he would send his critique in as she got reserve best in show and his excuse was? Wait for it................. THE DOG ATE IT!! LOL!
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 12:45 AM
Originally Posted by megan57collies View Post
It's a pain. Due to the complaints about critiques. More and more open show clubs are putting it in the judges contract so the same rules apply in these cases as champ shows as you've signed a contract agreeing to it.
However even when I've not had in my contract I've sent them in, I reckon if exhibitors are kind enough to give me an entry the least I can do is write a few words about their dogs
Good for you hun, what a shame all judge's dont think this way I was really disappointed not to have my 2 fist critiques and was forewarned about this, and even asked each judge at the time if they would definitely be submitted. They should get fined also, even though it's only an open show !!!
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Good for you hun, what a shame all judge's dont think this way I was really disappointed not to have my 2 fist critiques and was forewarned about this, and even asked each judge at the time if they would definitely be submitted. They should get fined also, even though it's only an open show !!!
Contact the secretaries of the clubs you showed at Malady and see if they had it in their contracts. Then you can KC them, or ask the secretaries to contact the judges to request the critiques. I did it and it was all very anonymous (as the judge did a few breeds).
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >