View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 11:28 AM

Last Harry Potter book..discussion. Don`t read if you don't want to know the ending!

I have just finished the book and I was blown away. It will make an amazing film. I`m still reliving the adventure and putting all the peces together in my head. Anyone else finished it yet?
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 12:19 PM
yup! I only really got started on Sunday, but I stayed up till 4am that night to finish it

I've been gripped since I read the first one while babysitting for my little brothers once. They're 18 and 19 now, and haven't needed babysitting for a while, so you can imagine that this was quite some time ago! My sister and I hve been theorising for the last 2 years about what would happen, and I must say we did pretty well. We got:

1. RAB
2. Snape in love with Lily
3. Harry as Horcrux
4. Horcrux at Gringotts
5. Tiara in room of requirement as Horcrux having belonged to Ravenclaw
6. House elves playing significant role
7. Aberforth being the landlord of the Hogs Head

and a few other things I can't think of off the top of my head

I thought she wrapped up the series superbly. The way the writing grows up with Harry is great, and you're right, this will make a brilliant (and scary! ) film!
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Oh I've been dying to talk about it for the past week but didn't want to spoil it for anyone absolutely fantastic book!

When I found out that Harry had to die I was like "no!" but what a twist that was! And the Snape part aswell I thought was really clever!

Loved it! And I especially like the last chapter "19 years later" - it's nice to know what happened to our heroes
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 01:42 PM
really enjoyed the book and feel as many of my friends that she has left the door open to write the sequal - hogwarts the next generation

sue
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 11:39 PM
iv read it to and i think it was a great read and will make a brill film,esp the battle for hogwarts,were snape does a bunk,and were harry finally finds out bout snape,and that he fancied lilly i wonder how there going to play that one out in the film,im glad he doesnt die,although going through the book where he has to walk to the forest for voldermort to kill him i was nearly in tears think oh god hes going to die,brill the kings cross just a brill book the best by far,and iv never read anything so thrilling and am gonna read it again,now im bed bound, i would recommend it to anyone xx
Shirleyc
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2007, 11:44 PM
OH MY GOD HARRY DIES!!!!

I cant be bothered reading the books but came in here so I didnt have to wait 5 years for the film Im distraught and me mum has jut told me that Dobbie is dead, when the heck did that happen?
Shirleyc
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2007, 11:45 PM
Oh and what about Snape, I need to know the whole thing now, the 5th film is out so can watch that but means ill have to read 2 huugggee books!!
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 11:58 PM
hope you enjoy them as much as me,snape fancied harry mam,and has been protecting him along with dumbledore,even though harry dont know it,good twist eh xx
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by Shirleyc View Post
OH MY GOD HARRY DIES!!!!

I cant be bothered reading the books but came in here so I didnt have to wait 5 years for the film Im distraught and me mum has jut told me that Dobbie is dead, when the heck did that happen?
dobbie gets harry outta the malfoys basement,along with mr olivander,and luna and a few others he is sent to help by dumblerdores brother and after going back for harry bellatrix stabs him but only dies after getting harry to saftey ,and harry doesnt die,it just seems like he will,youl have to read it,theres twists and turns everywhere xx
Shirleyc
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-07-2007, 11:17 AM
My mum has just spoilt the whole thing!! I knew Snape was good!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >