Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bint
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-11-2011, 12:15 PM
Yes the short suits bull breeds etc.
You've got me studying the Free Motion now, wish there was somewhere nearby I could take the dogs to try both types on. Missed the chance to try the Euro at Grizedale as we didn't visit the shop when it was open It was lashing down & we just wanted to get back in the car after the race.
honeytone
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-11-2011, 01:17 PM
Yes, it's a real pain not being able to try these things on. Even with walking harnesses... I have a 'few' in the cupboard that I decided didn't fit quite right. Like you, it's probably more down to my measuring skills, though.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 02:42 AM
Not sure if those CaniX lovers based in the North are aware but there is an event scheduled in Feburary at Hamsterley Forest.

I'm quite interested in CaniX and think I might try the training regime suggested earlier!
GirondeDeb
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-01-2012, 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Not sure if those CaniX lovers based in the North are aware but there is an event scheduled in Feburary at Hamsterley Forest.

I'm quite interested in CaniX and think I might try the training regime suggested earlier!
Go for it! I started last summer, using the couch to 5k podcasts, and I've kept it up all through the winter...it's a brilliant way of getting you and your dog(s) warmed up on these cold days. Find some nice even tracks to start with, as your ankles won't be used to rough ground at first. Be prepared for withering looks of contempt from your dog at how slowly you run!!!
bint
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:07 AM

Yes, a couple of us on here are going to Hamsterley. Not sure if my OH is running as he's recovering from a skiing injury but we'll be going across on Saturday anyway. Should be a good weekend, hope to see you there
bint
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by GirondeDeb View Post
Be prepared for withering looks of contempt from your dog at how slowly you run!!!
I can vouch for that! Especially running with a dog that is used to a longer, faster run as I found out lately when my OH was away. Uzo, bless him, spent most of the time looking back as if checking to see if I was still breathing
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by GirondeDeb View Post
Go for it! I started last summer, using the couch to 5k podcasts, and I've kept it up all through the winter...it's a brilliant way of getting you and your dog(s) warmed up on these cold days. Find some nice even tracks to start with, as your ankles won't be used to rough ground at first. Be prepared for withering looks of contempt from your dog at how slowly you run!!!
My main question is what's the best gear to wear??? I obviously wouldn't be able to run far in my dog walking trousers and Berghaus coat???

Originally Posted by bint View Post
Yes, a couple of us on here are going to Hamsterley. Not sure if my OH is running as he's recovering from a skiing injury but we'll be going across on Saturday anyway. Should be a good weekend, hope to see you there
Februrary might be a bit soon for me! But good luck and I might see you next year!
honeytone
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2012, 08:20 PM

Yes, I'm running at Hamsterley!

And yes! The C25k is a great way to get into running. I started a year ago and I'm completely hooked! I've joined a running club now and everything!

As for what to wear, I'd say the two most important things, even for a beginner runner, are a good pair of running shoes that suit your running style (any good running store will help you out) and a supportive sports bra for the ladies. As for the rest, whatever you feel comfortable in, although avoid anything made of cotton and go for garments made of man-made fibres.

I run quite hot, so even in the winter I dress quite lightly.
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 08:46 PM
I've recently got into canix as a way of keeping fit. joined a group & love it.. not done any competitions though !
got a belt for christmas... well away!!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by honeytone View Post
Yes, I'm running at Hamsterley!

And yes! The C25k is a great way to get into running. I started a year ago and I'm completely hooked! I've joined a running club now and everything!

As for what to wear, I'd say the two most important things, even for a beginner runner, are a good pair of running shoes that suit your running style (any good running store will help you out) and a supportive sports bra for the ladies. As for the rest, whatever you feel comfortable in, although avoid anything made of cotton and go for garments made of man-made fibres.

I run quite hot, so even in the winter I dress quite lightly.
Thanks for the tips, I sweat like a pig at the best of times so all advice appreciated!

Originally Posted by hayleybella View Post
I've recently got into canix as a way of keeping fit. joined a group & love it.. not done any competitions though !
got a belt for christmas... well away!!
I didn't know there were clubs too, might have to look into that!
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >